Daily Prayer November 18, 2009

Daily Prayer November 18, 2009

Sometimes I don’t take the time to listen closely when others are speaking, Lord. I make hasty judgments without considering the merits of their ideas. Help me to slow down and truly listen to others, Lord, rather than trusting only my own thoughts. Amen.

oblatesusa.org

[FONT=Bookman Old Style][FONT=Arial][size=2][FONT=Bookman Old Style][FONT=Verdana][size=2]God, through Your Spirit, please let me respond to others with Your sensitivity and compassion. Help me to listen, so that I hear both what is spoken and what it conceals of others’ needs. Help me to recognise others’ unique personality and value. I want to present to others the gift of themselves as You create and perceive them, so that they may come to see themselves in beautiful, humble trust, as cherished gifts of Your love. [/size][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Bookman Old Style][FONT=Arial]
[FONT=Verdana][size=2][FONT=Verdana][size=2]I do not wish to curtail Your blessings to others through doubt, insensitivity or selfishness. Please grant others all the graces and support that You require for them. Despite my infidelities let me be Your love, blessing and response made sacramentally present to everyone in my life, whether I understand or not![/size][/FONT][/size]
[size=2]
[size=2]I cannot fathom Your vision of my life and theirs, but I honour Your love and wisdom in Your dealings with them. Please mercifully complete what You have begun, granting us grace to submit, trustingly, contritely and joyfully to Your loving creative will. In all my prayers, contacts and dealings let Your Spirit speak and respond in me to You. Thank You, God who loves us all.[/size][/size][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.