Daily reparation for our sins

While remembering God’s word that teaches us that it is practical kindness to others that is the reparation for sin that God desires,
“Cease to do evil. Learn to do good, search for justice, help the oppressed, be just to the orphan, and plead for the widow. Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow.” [Isaiah 1:17-18]

we pray,

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Sacred Heart of Jesus, with all its love, all its sufferings and all its merits.

First … To expiate all the sins I have committed this day and during all my life.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Second … To purify the good I have done poorly this day and during all my life.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Third … To supply for the good I ought to have done, and that I have neglected this day and all my life.

[from a Poor Clare nun]

I add my prayers to this, and would like to comment about how this passage from Isaiah starts: “Come, let us reason together,” saith the Lord. Our sins are not only wounding to God, others, and ourselves, they are the height of unreasonable and irrational thought and behavior. I use the beginning of Isaiah’s passage in my daily examination of conscience, and when I think about those times that I’ve sinned, the sins themselves almost always start with fear-driven twisted thinking on some level.

While praying and meditating on the passion of Jesus, I noticed the theme of the evil and corrosive flood of fear: The fear of the apostles, in fleeing His presence. The fear of the Pharisees of His teachings upsetting their apple cart of power and influence. The fear of Pilate at the pressure of the local crowd. The fear of Peter in his denial of Jesus, not once, but three times.

I heard somewhere that “be not afraid” appears 365 times in the Bible. That’s amazing: For each and every day of the year we are called by God to be unafraid. And we know that love for Him expels our fear.

My discipline this year in Lent will be to identify those fears that start the whole train of bad thought and bad behavior rolling, and to practice the opposite virtue in love of God, my fellow human beings, and myself. I pray that this will produce a change in some niggling nasty little venial habitual sins that have continued to plague me. I pray that the time I spend coming together and reasoning with the Lord will produce a positive change in my life.

Dear Trishie and ALL here, I do NOT mean to hijack Trishie’s thread, no,
BUT, as a daily reparation, perhaps we could invoke the LORD to PROTECT the Catholic Church in America, WHICH IS IN GRAVE DANGER FROM the HHS Contraceptive/abortifacient Mandate of Obama and Sabelius and in great danger from nationally-legalized Gay Marriage (which WILL eventually be FORCED on the Church, too, by activists once it is legalized nationally by Congress or by the Supreme Court).
So, as a daily REPARATION FOR OUR SINS, may I suggest what is below, to help PROTECT our dear Catholic Church in America??? God bless all of you!!! And thanks, Trishie.

Dear friends,
the Catholic Church in America is in grave danger due to Obama’s and Sabelius’s wicked and dangerous mandate requiring church owned institutions and their insurance companies to pay for contraceptives and abortifacients, as well as from those (who tend to be the SAME Congressmen (Senators and House of Reps) and Supreme Court Justices, they all tend to support BOTH evils). The best weapon against this, besides our VOTE, is prayer for the CONVERSION of thse men and women. POWERFUL prayers.
Let us pray for
a) Their IMMEDIATE REPENTANCE AND CONVERSION FROM their support of these horrible two evils, as PART OF A CONTINUUM LEADING TO THEIR FULL CONVERSION TO RIGHTEOUSNESS, TO GOD, TO CHRIST, and TO THE CATHOLIC FAITH RESULTING IN THEIR FULL AND FINAL SALVATION.
b) For their final Salvation.
Let us pray, offering our prayers to God for these SPECIFIC TWO intentions.
Jesus has promised powerful salvation and powerful conversions for those individuals for those FOR WHOM we say the following two prayers.
Therefore, for EACH member of the House of Reps, EACH member of the Supreme Court, and EACH MEMBER of the US SENATE, let us offer, individually, these TWO prayers below for both intentions, SPECIFICALLY, mentioned above in a) and b), through the Merits of Christ’s sorrowful passion AND the merits of Mary’s prayers AND the merits of ALL THE MASSES SAID THROUGHOUT THE WORLD TODAY AND FOR THE PAST FIVE YEARS, ALL OF THEM: and the prayers are, again, for EACH person:

1. JESUS, MARY, I LOVE YOU, SAVE SOULS! and
  2. O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of Mercy for us, I trust in you ((for the conversion of these people)).

Let us be specific with Jesus about WHO (Supreme Court Judges, members of the House of Reps, and members of the U.S. Senate) we are offerering these individual prayers for,
both of them for each individual, and WHY, before we start praying them.
If we all pray them, I really think Jesus will turn this evil situation around AND save THEIR souls in the end.
If a hundred of us pray these two prayers,each for 1 individual in the above groups,
we can each pray 9 sets for the Supreme Court Justices, 10 sets for members of the US SENATE, and 50 sets for each member of the US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES.

We may also wish to pray the two prayers, individually and specifically,
for PRESIDENT OBAMA, VP BIDEN, and KATHLEEN SABELIUS.
God bless you all !!!

Jaypeeto4
+JMJ+
PRAY THE ROSARY DAILY.
PLEASE SUPPORT THE NATIONAL RIGHT TO LIFE COMMITTEE: nrlc.org ---- ONE annual donation of $25 online, from each Catholic,
WOULD enable them to educate ALL, GET OUT the pro–life vote, and blow the pro aborts out of the water in november of '12. The problem is, compared to the number of PROFESSED proLifers, most of us are middle class to a bit more than middle class, tho not rich, but compared to our numbers, the vast majority of us are giving NOTHING AT ALL to this premier proLife organization (( I did the math, dividing their annual donation intake by the number of 50 to 75 million proLifers. The per-capita annual donation, per ProLifer, is less than 13 CENTS (CENTS!!!) a year. Which means most proLifers donate nothing. Dear ones, it takes MONEY, as well as prayer, to run the ProLife movement.
PLEASE help them with a donation (( I am NOT an official of NRLC, this is a plea from my own heart. Even though I am DIRT POOR and have MANY EXPENSES, I have made my online donation to them for this year. I beg you all to please do the same, even if it hurts a little, and to please beg all your proLife friends to do the same:
nrlc.org
God bless all of you.

Praying daily : the Rosary for an end to abortion, for sinners everywhere, and especially for our holy priests who are constantly under attack. Praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet daily for sinners everywhere, myself included. Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and divinity of your dearly beloved son, Our Lord Jesus Christ in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world. For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts on prayer and reparation, Trishie.

St Jude,patron saint of hopeless causes,please pray for us and for the whole world.Amen.

Thank you for this, it was beautiful. I was particularly moved by the request to supply for the good I did not do today and reminded of my own imperfection in the shadow of Christ.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Amen.

Lord, hear our prayers

Amen.

Saint Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God
cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Sacred Heart of Jesus, with all its love, all its sufferings and all its merits.

First … To expiate all the sins I have committed this day and during all my life.

Second … To purify the good I have done poorly this day and during all my life.

Third … To supply for the good I ought to have done, and that I have neglected this day and all my life.

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit:
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Amen.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Joining in prayer.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.