Dairy Queen's Blizzard ad sponsoring 'Secret Life' is Chilling News

August 10, 2009

**Dairy Queen's Blizzard ad sponsoring 'Secret Life' is Chilling News**

Unfortunately Dairy Queen supported the most recent episode of ABC Family's "Secret Life of the American Teenager" with huge advertising dollars.

Here are a few scenes from the most recent episode of “Secret Life”:
• New character on the show is a gay, male high school freshman.
• Sx and oral sx discussions among students.
• Two sxually involved students talk about having multiple sx partners, but better not get caught.
• Younger sister of teen mother wears an inappropriate low cut, skin tight dress to first day of high school while keeping her cell phone in cleavage.

This popular teen program continues to grow interest in kids by adding more offensive material which now has added a homosexual student as the newest character of this trashy show.

Your children are being exposed to more inappropriate content to increase this program’s ratings by keeping viewers engaged to what will happen next.

There is enough drama in this program to classify it as a teen soap opera. All in hopes to desensitize our children to what the writers feel is acceptable and politically correct.

Take Action

Sadly, Dairy Queen is supporting the negative influence of “Secret Life” by sponsoring the series with huge advertising dollars.

Please let them know that you do not approve of their financial backing of this program.

If you agree this series is inappropriate please send Dairy Queen an email letter asking them to stop sponsoring “Secret Life” through advertising.

[/FONT]

Thanks for the alert.

Oh man, that reminds me, the new Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookie Blizzard is incredible.

I have never seen the show.

However, is it really different (albeit in an exagerated form, I’m sure) from real high school?

New character on the show is a gay, male high school freshman.
• Sx and oral sx discussions among students.
• Two sxually involved students talk about having multiple sx partners, but better not get caught.
• Younger sister of teen mother wears an inappropriate low cut, skin tight dress to first day of high school while keeping her cell phone in cleavage.

Gay male…surely there is at least one stereotypical gay male in most high schools. My kids can point out several in their Catholic high school. One of my son’s supposed gay classmates is a senior and is a member of many gay support groups on Facebook.

Sx and Oral Sx. - again, surely discussion of this takes place at many high schools in the hallways, at lunch, at in the parking lots after school — even the Catholic ones! Some students even actually engage in this risky behavior.

Involved partners…there is always cheating going on in some high school relationships.

Inappropriate clothing…surely some students at actual schools sometimes wear shocking and inappropriate clothing to school! My kids’ school has a dress code, but kids will push, push, push that limit.

Just because it happens in everyday life doesn’t mean we need to glorify it. Strip clubs are bustling. Do we need to show an accurate TV series about what goes on at strip clubs?

The problem with TV programming is moral people are now a minority. Thus, there are more immoral people who vote with their remote controllers. If a show has high ratings, it was a success - end of story according to the show makers and networks. They care about money. They have a fear of poverty more than a fear of God.

None of which makes it right, moral, or truthful.

Ever since that show first came on, I have wondered what ABC Family was thinking. What kind of family are they appealing to?

And this is precisely why my family doesn’t throw money away on cable tv. The only way I’d ever bring myself to watch anything on cable (and it would be Animal Planet), is if it were free.

I watch EWTN online for free.

As for Dairy Queen, I stopped eating there a while ago.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.