Dallas Megachurch Moves Forward on $130M Campus

A megachurch in Dallas is pursuing what is expected to be the largest church expansion program in modern history.

First Baptist Church Dallas unveiled plans on Sunday for a $130 million campus in the downtown area that would compete with some of the most “architecturally stunning” buildings in its city.

“As I look around downtown Dallas, I see spectacular temples of commerce, of culture and of government – many new, some restored to former glory, and all intended to stand for generations. The Kingdom of God needs a home to equal them – a spiritual oasis in the middle of downtown,” said Dr. Robert Jeffress, pastor of First Baptist Dallas.

The congregation voted Sunday to begin the massive capital campaign – which exceeds Lakewood Church in Houston’s $120 million campus – for First Baptist’s first new facility in over 100 years.

Read more: christianpost.com/article/20091103/dallas-megachurch-moves-ahead-on-largest-c/index.html

“As I look around downtown Dallas, I see spectacular temples of commerce, of culture and of government – many new, some restored to former glory, and all intended to stand for generations. The Kingdom of God needs a home to equal them – a spiritual oasis in the middle of downtown,”

I guess the Catholic Cathedral in Dallas isn’t good enough for him. :stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.