Danish artist dresses up her baby as Hitler, Stalin and Saddam to show 'the evil inside all of us'

A Danish artist who dressed her baby as Hitler, Stalin and other dictators says her work is necessary to explore the meaning of evil.

Nina Maria Kleivan’s baby daughter Faustina appears in a series of photos dressed as reviled historical figures from the 20th Century.

The baby girl, just a few months old, poses in a Swastika armband as the Nazi leader, in a beret and fatigues as Saddam Hussein and in a turban as the Ayatolla Khomenei.

Faustina also appears as Benito Mussolini, Chairman Mao, Idi Amin, Augusto Pinochet and Slobodan Milosevic.

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1258654/Danish-artist-dresses-baby-Hitler-Stalin-Saddamn-evil-inside-us.html

Okay, my first response when I clicked on the link & saw the pics was to, quite literally, laugh out loud. That is an adorable baby – especially the shot where she’s playing with the tiny sunglasses as Pinochet.

The article says that after I finish laughing, though, I’m supposed to ponder the “evil within us”. But that’s not where my mind headed.

Instead, I considered the “flipside” of the artistic statement. That is, on the one hand, we all have original sin, yetzer hara, concupiscence, or whatever you want to call it. But on the other hand, I couldn’t help but thinking that all of these horrific despotic genocidal monsters were once babes in their mothers’ arms!

So, what I got from this statment was, perhaps not exactly what the artist had in mind, but it is bemusing to wonder what happened in the lives of these fascists between the time they were innocent as babes, and the time they first drew their swords.

Didn’t Rosie O’Donnell get there first? :rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.