Dating done the right way

Here, I thought this might be of use. There's gotta be some rules. :) I've drafted this to help in the process. :p

Contract entered into on the day twenty-fifth of November of the year two thousand and ninth by and between:
Mr. ......, hereinafter referred to as the "DAD" and
......, hereinafter referred to as the "Supplicant",
collectively referred to as the "Parties".

Whereas Supplicant has expressed interest in Goods described herein and

Whereas Supplicant has humbly begged permission to petition for permission to obtain limited access to Goods,

AND AS LONG AS I AM ALIVE AND THIS IS MY HOUSE

Therefore in consideration of the foregoing and of other good and valuable consideration (hereinafter referred to as the "Consideration" or the "Winchester M1897"), the Parties have agreed as follows.

Art. 1: Subject of Contract

The subject of the contract is restricted access to one (1) fine healthy young female (hereinafter referred to as the "Goods"), hereinafter referred to as the "Benefits", including AND limited to:
- the right to adore from afar (within reason),
- the right to petition to enter Premises,
- the right to be seen together with at least ten (10) members of the public attending and five (5) Extended Family Members overseeing
the performance of this Contract,
- the right to attend dinners and social events with special permission at Dad's sole and exclusive discretion, notwithstanding all
costs and fees (and duties and imposts etc.) shall be borne by Supplicant,
- the right to attend "movies" provided that at least three (3) law-abiding citizens of repute and standing are situated in between,
- the right to talk without being talked to, provided that every sentence shall begin and end with "sir" HOPE THIS IS CLEAR,
- the right to receive instruction and admonition from Extended Family Members.

Art. 2: Grant of Limited License

Dad hereby grants Supplicant a limited non-exclusive revocable at will license to use the Benefits for the duration of good behavior along with limited lease of Goods thereunto appertaining.

Art. 3: Contract Duration

This Contract is explicitly made for the duration of good behavior but in any case no longer than two (2) years whereupon license granted hereby on terms and conditions set out herein shall cease operating forthwith. Good behaviour is further defined in an Appendix to this Contract.

Art. 4: Termination

Upon termination by means of expiration or earlier termination or by means of Force Majeure, Supplicant shall cease any contact (including ocular) with the Goods. The Goods shall be returned in the same condition as they were leave. THIS IS CRISTAL CLEAR

Supplicant explicitly denies any claims to avoid this Contract as if he supposedly were made to enter into by force and all other such nonsense.

Art. 5: Failure in Performance

In the event (1) of failure in performance, Benefits shall be prorated accordingly. Notwithstanding the above, the Goods shall not be prorated.

Art. 6: Dispute Resolution

Any dispute or controversy arising hereunder or in connection herewith (hereinafter referred to as "You Don't Want That To Happen") shall be resolved unilaterally by the Licensing Party by means of Physical Dispute Resolution. This failing to bring effect (it won't), the matter shall be reffered to arbitration by assembly of law-abiding citizens of repute and standing at the Dule Tree at the field two miles west of the town.

In witness whereof parties hereto have placed their hands and seals this day twenty-fith of November of the year two thousand and ninth.

DAD

Supplicant

Chevalier-

I hope you don’t mind-

I copied and pasted those in an email to my dh to send to my in-laws who have adopted my step-daughter. As my dh and I are very protective and both train in martial arts we would more be the enforcers of said contract and there would most likely be swords involved. But we have some years before we need worry about this - hopefully. She is a good kid with a good head on her shoulders. I do think you need to add a paragraph for the behavior of the goods however as sometimes the goods can be the problem.

*Oh my...referring to ''women'' as ''benefits?'' Don't know what we're gonna do with you, chev... :dts: :D

You need to draw one up for the** mother **to have, for her SON. Remember, I'm an Italian mama...who my son dates matters to me just as much as who my daughter dates.;) *

[quote="whatevergirl, post:3, topic:177485"]
*Oh my...referring to ''women'' as ''benefits?'' Don't know what we're gonna do with you, chev... :dts: :D

You need to draw one up for the** mother ***to have, for her SON. Remember, I'm an Italian mama...who my son dates matters to me just as much as who my daughter dates.;)

[/quote]

OK, but if you do that, wg - then you need to draw one up for the future dil for the future mil you know thou shalt not enter home without warning after vows are taken......

Thou shalt not always think thou knows best about what is good for thoust son....

Yeah know the usual that gets mils in troubel :tsktsk::tiphat::dancing::angel1:

Oh no, THIS will be a UNILATERAL contract, everything of course in my favor.:wink: :smiley:

Arm wrestle you for it- LOL!!!!

[quote="whatevergirl, post:3, topic:177485"]
Oh my...referring to ''women'' as ''benefits?'' Don't know what we're gonna do with you, chev... :dts: :D

[/quote]

"Goods". "Benefits" is the use of "Goods". :D

[quote="chevalier, post:7, topic:177485"]
"Goods". "Benefits" is the use of "Goods". :D

[/quote]

Ahh now we understand why he is still single. :p

[quote="joandarc2008, post:8, topic:177485"]
Ahh now we understand why he is still single. :p

[/quote]

Hey, isn't this how things are traditonally done? :p

Actually you do have a point-- however you do seem to be out numbered in the room. ;)

Of course it is a miracle of God that WG and I can joke this way after everything I have been through with my il-s. BTW- we may be doing Christmas with them.

*I think it’s nothing short of an IBM, joan. (itsy bitsy miracle!) God is in the business of miracles, and I’m so glad things are improving for you. Fast too, I might add. :hug1:

Oh man...I love this. It is high time parents get back into being in the kid's business. Too many have been covering their eyes far too long and being way too complacent. I actually think a contract is a good idea because many parents (my own included when I was a kid and teen) constantly changed back and forth between what I was allowed to do and not to do. It led to me really disliking them and having no respect for their authority. I am not sure why parents do that...but I have seen a lot that do. Inconsistency is a sure fire way to get teens to not listen to you and dismiss your rules. I think a written contract with clearly laid out rules is a great idea! And also, it gives kids a chance to feel slightly in control if they are a part of the process and can even make an appeal to have an amendment added on as they mature or circumstances change (or the opposite, if they are acting poorly or doing poorly in school, remedies can be added).
I agree with Whatevergirl....a mother/son contract is a good idea too. Boys don't raise themselves.

[quote="joandarc2008, post:10, topic:177485"]
Actually you do have a point-- however you do seem to be out numbered in the room. ;)

[/quote]

You've got that wrong, ma'am. I seem to outnumber the opposition 1 to 2. :p

[quote="MercyMia, post:13, topic:177485"]
Oh man...I love this. It is high time parents get back into being in the kid's business. Too many have been covering their eyes far too long and being way too complacent. I actually think a contract is a good idea because many parents (my own included when I was a kid and teen) constantly changed back and forth between what I was allowed to do and not to do. It led to me really disliking them and having no respect for their authority. I am not sure why parents do that...but I have seen a lot that do. Inconsistency is a sure fire way to get teens to not listen to you and dismiss your rules. I think a written contract with clearly laid out rules is a great idea! And also, it gives kids a chance to feel slightly in control if they are a part of the process and can even make an appeal to have an amendment added on as they mature or circumstances change (or the opposite, if they are acting poorly or doing poorly in school, remedies can be added).

[/quote]

You aren't joking, are you?... :o

Sorry... I didn't mean this actual one....and obviously not with one with the words goods referring to a human being. But its a good idea to use an actual real one.

Go to this post:D

[quote="MercyMia, post:15, topic:177485"]
Sorry... I didn't mean this actual one....and obviously not with one with the words goods referring to a human being. But its a good idea to use an actual real one.

[/quote]

May I PM a suggestion?

You know in the Army we have counseling statements. When you join a unit - you get an initial that gives you what is expected than you get quarterly to tell you how you are doing with goals, and then you get yearly evals that stay in your file. Something like that would definetly help children - maybe not so structured but the general idea of goal setting and rewards and punishments set out and then meeted out would be so helpful - and then there is no argument as to what is or is not said. But hey - if the world only ran more like the military…:eek:

And no- we now outnumber you three to one - better recruit help :o

hahahaha

Hey, I wish I had something like that in real life. Sigh, on more than one occasion I’ve regretted not having the health for the army. Way better than those lousy law firms.

And no- we now outnumber you three to one - better recruit help :o

Outnumbered is 30, not 3! :wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.