Daughter is Depressed

Please pray for my 17-year-old daughter who is struggling with serious depression. We had to hospitalize her last month to keep her safe.

Thanks so much!

-JohnPaul

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Dear Lord, please comfort this family. In the name of The Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Amen

We ask You Lord to heal Your Daughter.
In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit … Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Praying for your daughter and for you.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee, Blessed art Thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

St. Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the Devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast into hell, Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

Lord, please help johnpaul’s daughter to surpass depression. may she realize that life is beautiful and that she is not alone…Glory be…

Praying for your daughter.

praying hard

Holding your Daughter in my prayers.

Loving God,

We thank you for your many blessings in our lives and in particular today we thank you for the gift of parenting and having children. We lift up the intentions for JohnPaul0 on behalf of his dear daughter who is suffering from depression. Lord, we ask for your mercy and the healing power of Jesus to be with this dear daughter, and grant her a strong faith, coping skills, wise and competent medical treatment, and hope in You. We also pray for the parents who suffer because they want the best for their child and have little ability to affect this situation other than ensuring their daughter receives the proper care and that they pray continuously for her. Dear Lord, I have a child that also suffers from depression and my heart and all my prayers go out to this family. Lord, please hear the persistent prayers of your people and grant this child of yours healing and peace, and help her parents to do the right things to effect her treatment and her healing.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus - who has healed paralytics, lepers, possession by demons, blindness, and all forms of human suffering - that our Lord Jesus may have mercy and bring healing to dear daughter. We also pray that your comforting and consoling Holy Spirit may be with this family during this challenging time.

Amen.

Thank you all so very much! My wife and I just read through all your beautiful prayers and words of encouragement.:slight_smile:

Yes., she is getting prescriptions and counselling, her alone and with us there, too.

After this past event, she has begun to make changes in her life. We hardly dare to hope! She is still very fragile.

She also used to have a notably strong faith, and now she won’t even come to Mass with us.

So, she has a long road, and we are with her on it each day. It’s nice to feel all of your support, too.

Love in Jesus,
JohnPaul

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord God, please Have Mercy upon this family who is so worried about the potential for self-harm from their daughter. Depression is a serious malady, Lord, and one that You have all power to lift. If You so will it, Lord, allow her depression to alleviate itself. Guide all doctors that are entrusted to her care, that they may provide her relief. Console her family, and allow them to offer up their anxieties to You, Lord. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

St. Dymphna, please pray for this young woman.

Dear Lord we ask Your loving care for John Paul’s daughter.
Help her to welcome the love of her family, and to grow in generous love towards others. Help her to value herself as You child. Grant that she will fulfil her purpose on earth with faith and generosity.
Please give her parects peace and security regarding their daughter.
Thank You. Lord.

Loving God,

We thank you for your many blessings in our lives and in particular today we thank you for the gift of parenting and having children. We lift up the intentions for JohnPaul0 on behalf of his dear daughter who is suffering from depression. Lord, we ask for your mercy and the healing power of Jesus to be with this dear daughter, and grant her a strong faith, coping skills, wise and competent medical treatment, and hope in You. We also pray for the parents who suffer because they want the best for their child and have little ability to affect this situation other than ensuring their daughter receives the proper care and that they pray continuously for her. Dear Lord, I have a child that also suffers from depression and my heart and all my prayers go out to this family. Lord, please hear the persistent prayers of your people and grant this child of yours healing and peace, and help her parents to do the right things to effect her treatment and her healing.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus - who has healed paralytics, lepers, possession by demons, blindness, and all forms of human suffering - that our Lord Jesus may have mercy and bring healing to dear daughter. We also pray that your comforting and consoling Holy Spirit may be with this family during this challenging time.

Amen.

Father I entreat You to grant healing to this loved daughter.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Loving God,

We thank you for your many blessings in our lives and in particular today we thank you for the gift of parenting and having children. We lift up the intentions for JohnPaul0 on behalf of his dear daughter who is suffering from depression. Lord, we ask for your mercy and the healing power of Jesus to be with this dear daughter, and grant her a strong faith, coping skills, wise and competent medical treatment, and hope in You. We also pray for the parents who suffer because they want the best for their child and have little ability to affect this situation other than ensuring their daughter receives the proper care and that they pray continuously for her. Lord, please hear the persistent prayers of your people and grant this child of yours healing and peace, and help her parents to do the right things to effect her treatment and her healing.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.