Daughter of Gospel Star Steven Curtis Chapman Hit, Killed by Car

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The 5-year-old daughter of contemporary Christian music star Steven Curtis Chapman was struck and killed Wednesday by a sport utility vehicle driven by her brother, authorities said.

The girl, Maria, was hit in a driveway on the family residence Wednesday afternoon by a Toyota Land Cruiser driven by her teenage brother, said Laura McPherson, a spokesman for the Tennessee Highway Patrol.

McPherson said no charges are expected.

| story |

My heart is so broken for them. Mostly for her brother, the pain he must be in. I will offer my adoration hour up for them.

How very sad. I have witnessed the kind of pain such a tragedy can bring to a family, when one of my friends lost her young nephew a couple of years ago. The boy was riding with his teenage sister and she pulled out in front of someone, who broadsided them on the boy’s side of the car, killing him. Fortunately, the family has a strong Christian faith which has helped them through this ordeal, but that poor girl will have to live with this for the rest of her life, as will the Chapman boy who was driving. Let us pray for the Chapman family, for my friend’s niece, and for all families who suffer such tragedies. :byzsoc:

The family and especially the son will be in my prayers. I know the pain of losing a young child and it is something no parent should have to go through.

I pray for the Grace of God to move through this family during this time of unbareable grief.

My heart goes out to them, losing a child leaves a “hole” that can never be filled…I will hold them before the Light.

So sad! My youngest (adopted from China) is the same age.

Adding them to my prayers . . .:gopray: :gopray: :gopray:

How very very sad my heart and prayers go out to them, especially the son!

Here is a lovely little video of him with his daughter:

people.com/people/article/0,20201819,00.html

I will keep them all in my prayers. This is so horribly sad.

I’ve been a fan of his music for years. Just sad.

~Liza

They will be in my prayers today.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.