DaVinci Code "fiction"

I searched, but couldn’t find anything like this. Can someone recommend a book or two to share with a non-Catholic Christian that effectively shows what’s wrong with “The DaVinci Code?”

[quote=rec]I searched, but couldn’t find anything like this. Can someone recommend a book or two to share with a non-Catholic Christian that effectively shows what’s wrong with “The DaVinci Code?”
[/quote]

Here’s a free resource tektonics.org/davincicrude.htm

Let’s all stay away from the DaVinci Crud!

Peace & De Colores to you!

http://www.catholic.com/images/arrow.gif Da Vinci Code

Check out this guide on the home page of Catholic Answers. It’s listed under Answer Guides.

ignatius.com/books/davincihoax/
amywelborn.com/davincicode.html

Thanks to EA, Donna, and bear - great resources!

God Bless,
Ralph

**I will give you one idea found in the book that most Christians, including Catholics do not teach, believe or profess.

The book suggest the secret marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene which is falsehood and distortion, it is beyond comprehension as a Christian.

Its Heresy.!

Sara**

The Truth behind The Da Vinci Code: A Challenging Response to the Bestselling Novel by Richard Abanes and Breaking The Da Vinci Code: Answers to the Questions Everybody’s Asking by Darrell Bock.

I work in a library, and I think that people have made as much money writing books to either explain or debunk the Da Vinci code as Dan Brown did writing it! An entire industry has spawned. Books, video tapes, discussion groups wow!

cheddar

The many books listed are fine sources, though most are written by Catholics and Christians. It really is a growth industry.

Here is a list of TDVC false claims and links to mostly secular sources on the web showing the truth.

shsu-catholic.org/da-vinci-con.htm

[quote=rec]I searched, but couldn’t find anything like this. Can someone recommend a book or two to share with a non-Catholic Christian that effectively shows what’s wrong with “The DaVinci Code?”
[/quote]

Who Wrote the DaVinci Code? by Ingermanson.

My husband and I recently saw a good documentary on the Discovery Times Channel that debunks the DaVinci Code. Perhaps it will air again in the future. Among other myths debunked, the Priory of Sion was not founded in the 11th century, but formed in the 1950’s by a French con artist. The society had only a 3-4 members and it had absolutely nothing to do with Christ.

It looks like the History Channel has a documentary scheduled for Sept. 5 at 6pm ET. I have no idea whether this show will have any merit, but it wouldn’t hurt to record it and share it with your friend if it is worthwhile.

Thanks again for the great responses from everybody!

What’s wrong with the Davinci Code is :

The picture of the last supper, where “Mary Magdalene” was beside Jesus comes from the bible verse

John 13: 23

This verse is the prove that “the feminine figure” is actually Apostle John. In the above verse it is stated that Apostle John (“the deciple whom Jesus loved”) was “leaning” on Jesus. So it was not Mary Magdelene at all.

There are many paintings of the last supper where John is shown leaning/ reclining on Jesus. Those comes out from the above verse.

There is no need to read any other book to refute DaVinci Code, for it is pure fiction and worth nothing of your time.

God bless you.

[quote=bear06]ignatius.com/books/davincihoax/
amywelborn.com/davincicode.html
[/quote]

I have read both of these books. Amy Welborn is good for an introductory book while Carl Olson & Sandra Miesel’s book goes into much more detail (especially the use of the Early Church Fathers for rebuttal).

PF

I would highly recommend The Da Vinci Hoax by Sandra Meisel and Carl Olson. They do a great job of refuting Brown’s ridiculous assertions point by point.

Wow. What’s wrong with the DaVinci Code? :banghead: EVERYTHING!!!

I know nobody’s supporting it, but it’s dangerous to get me started. I read it (checked it out from the library so I wouldn’t give any money to that poopey head, if you’ll pardon my language! :eek: ) Not only is it heretical, totally fictional while pretending to be totally accurate, and stupid, it’s also BADLY WRITTEN, all of which I take great offense at.

At times like these, all I can say is “God, bless your poor lost sheep, Dan Brown, who I reaaaaaaaaallly am not feeling very Christian toward!” :gopray2: :banghead:

[quote=MariaGorettiGrl]Wow. What’s wrong with the DaVinci Code? :banghead: EVERYTHING!!!

Well, he spelled DaVinci right! It’s a lot shorter to list what’s right with it. Actually, I think I’ve about covered it. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.