Day 24 (Wk 2 - Day 5) to acquire knowledge of Mary

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

During this week and especially on the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, I’ve thought much about Mary as our Mother. Today, from Chapter 7 in St. Louis De Montfort’s True Devotion I share his words:

1. … Our Blessed Lady, in her immense love for us, is eager to receive into her virginal hands the gift of our actions, imparting to them a marvelous beauty and splendour, and presenting them herself to Jesus most willingly. More glory is given to our Lord in this way than when we make our offering with our own guilty hands.

2. you never think of Mary without Mary thinking of God for you. You never praise or honour Mary without Mary joining you in praising and honouring God. Mary is entirely relative to God. Indeed I would say that she was relative only to God, because she exists uniquely in reference to him.

She is an echo of God, speaking and repeating only God. If you say “Mary” she says “God”. When St. Elizabeth praised Mary calling her blessed because she had believed, Mary, the faithful echo of God, responded with her canticle, “My soul glorifies the Lord.” What Mary did on that day, she does every day. When we praise her, when we love and honour her, when we present anything to her, then God is praised, honoured and loved and receives our gift through Mary and in Mary.

These words can help us not only to understand our Mother Mary more, but also to be more grateful than ever to God, as we ponder the Gift Jesus gave us from His Cross when He said to John and to us: “Behold your Mother”

Litany to the Holy Spirit HERE
Ave Maris Stella HERE
Pray the Most Holy Rosary (with attention and devotion)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.