Day 33 - journey of preparation ends today

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

We have come to the end of this particular 33 Days of preparing for our Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary, (or re-consecration) . Although the Feast of the Annunciation will be celebrated liturgically on Apr. 6, since tomorrow begins Holy week, some of us have chosen to keep the date of Mar. 25. It seems so fitting to me, personally, to reconsecrate myself and remain with Mary during these solemn days.

Today is Palm Sunday, and so we need to keep our eyes on Jesus as He enters Jerusalem. If I have learned anything in this last week of preparation, in which we have been seeking "Knowledge of Christ", it is that I have so much more to learn! May the Holy Spirit and Our Lady enable us to remain in Him, growing more and more like Him every day of our lives here on earth until we meet Him Face to face in heaven.

Among the suggested readings for today is this from True Devotion:
265. Finally, we must do everything for Mary. We take Mary for our proximate end, our mysterious intermediary and the easiest way of reaching him. Relying on her protection, we should undertake and carry out great things for our noble Queen. We must defend her privileges when they are questioned and uphold her good name when it is under attack. We must attract everyone, if possible, to her service and to this true and sound devotion. As a reward for these little services, we should expect nothing in return save the honour of belonging to such a lovable Queen and the joy of being united through her to Jesus, her Son, by a bond that is indissoluble in time and in eternity.
Prayers and other readings for today are[ HERE]("http://totalconsecration.ageofmary.com/preparation-33.html")

Your love for Mama Maria is precious! She is completely lovable indeed! I look to do re-consecration very, very soon. I hope you and your family are doing well since your recent loss. You are in my prayers. May God Bless You!

Peace, Mark

Dear Mark,

Thanks so much for your reply. My love for Mary is God’s gift to me! I did nothing to deserve it, I assure you, but I remain grateful to Him. I also am grateful to the Dominican Sister who taught me in my sophomore year of high school, for it was she who introduced me to St. Louis De Montfort and encouraged me along with the others in our small Legion of Mary Group to consecrate ourselves totally to Jesus through Mary, using the Act of Consecration written by St. Louis. I look forward to thanking that dear Sister eternally! :slight_smile:

In the quote from True Devotion which I posted today, I was especially blessed by these underlined words:

1. Finally, we must do everything for Mary. We take Mary for our proximate end, our mysterious intermediary and the easiest way of reaching him. Relying on her protection, we should undertake and carry out great things for our noble Queen. We must defend her privileges when they are questioned and uphold her good name when it is under attack. We must attract everyone, if possible, to her service and to this true and sound devotion. As a reward for these little services, we should expect nothing in return save the honour of belonging to such a lovable Queen and the joy of being united through her to Jesus, her Son, by a bond that is indissoluble in time and in eternity.

Thanks for letting me know you will be renewing your own consecration. I pray that many who have followed these threads on the 33 Day Preparation, will also be consecrating or re-consecrating themselves to Jesus through Mary with me tomorrow or very soon. Everything is Grace, as St. Therese of Lisieux wrote, and God wants to give us as much as we humbly ask, seek and knock on the door of His Heart to receive!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.