Day 4 - Easter Monday - Mercy Novena

Fourth Day
“Today bring to Me those who do not believe in God and those who do not know Me, I was thinking also of them during My bitter Passion, and their future zeal comforted My Heart. Immerse them in the ocean of My mercy.”

Most compassionate Jesus, You are the Light of the whole world. Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who do not believe in God and of those who as yet do not know You. Let the rays of Your grace enlighten them that they, too, together with us, may extol Your wonderful mercy; and do not let them escape from the abode which is Your Most Compassionate Heart.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls of those who do not believe in You, and of those who as yet do not know You, but who are enclosed in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. Draw them to the light of the Gospel. These souls do not know what great happiness it is to love You. Grant that they, too, may extol the generosity of Your mercy for endless ages. Amen.

*Our Lord’s original words here were “the pagans.” Since the pontificate of Pope John XXIII, the Church has seen fit to replace this term with clearer and more appropriate terminology.

What a Tender Heart Jesus’ words reveal: "Today bring to Me those who do not believe in God and those who do not know Me, I was thinking also of them during My bitter Passion, and their future zeal comforted My Heart. Immerse them in the ocean of My mercy.

What an amazing reality: We were in his thoughts when we did not know Him, or did not believe…

BUT … are we comforting Him now with our zeal? What are we doing for Him now? If we are doing what we can with the Grace He gives us, let us thank Him and ask for yet more grace. Let us, by His grace, seek to know Him more, listen to Him in His word and pray to the Holy Spirit to do the Truth we hear. Let us bring all the souls, as Jesus asked who do not yet know Him or believe in Him and let us include ourselves that we may be among those He saw who comforted Him with their future zeal. We are in His Compassionate Heart, needing Him, and desiring to know the happiness of loving Him more, that we may all extol the generosity of His Mercy for endless ages.

Let us ask the Holy Spirit, not only to bring us into the complete Truth of Jesus, but how we can help others to know, love and serve Him also.

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful. Kindle in us the Fire of Your Love. Forgive us our sloth and grant us holy zeal.
Mary, Mother of Mercy, intercede for us, your needy children. St. Faustina, pray with and for us.
Jesus, we trust in You!

Praying with all.

Praying…

Joining in prayer:gopray:

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Dear tawny, Tablefor9, mommy k, and pollylodges,

Thanks you all so much for your prayers. Please let us, by God’s Grace, continue praying the Novena with the Divine Mercy Chaplet, that God be better known, loved and served.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.