Day 5 on our journey to Total Consecration

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Sunday is always the “Lord’s Day” of Resurrection and a day to rejoice! As I read from St. Louis De Monfort’s “True Devotion”, we have so much to rejoice and be grateful for in His many gifts to us:

1. Mary is the Queen of heaven and earth by grace as Jesus is king by nature and by conquest. But as the kingdom of Jesus Christ exists primarily in the heart or interior of man, according to the words of the Gospel, “The kingdom of God is within you”, so the kingdom of the Blessed Virgin is principally in the interior of man, that is, in his soul. It is principally in souls that she is glorified with her Son more than in any visible creature. So we may call her, as the saints do, Queen of our hearts.

In our days of preparation, we are seeking first to empty ourselves of the spirit of the world. What better way than to see how “crowded” we may have become interiorly? Is the kingdom of God a priority within you and me today? Is Christ upon the Throne as King, and is Mary there as Queen of our hearts? If not, why not?

Come Holy Spirit, kindle in us the fire of Your Love. Purify our hearts by Your blazing Fire of Love! Convince us of any sins we may not want to see, and show us how to rid ourselves of anything that is contrary to your Truth and Your Love.

Mary, Mother of the Church, pray for us and with us.

Jesus, we trust in You!

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

Dear Katherine,

Thanks so much for your reply, for the beautiful Memorare prayer and the sweet image of Mary with Baby Jesus in her lap and her holding His little Hand so close to her heart. It was a poignant reminder to me of the Pieta — that image of May holding Jesus taken down from the cross.

Mary, our Sorrowful Mother, and yet always the Cause of our Joy – You who said “Yes”, and by the power of the Holy Spirit brought Jesus to us – remember us, now and at the hour of our death!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.