Day 7 - Feb 27 - Journey to Consecration

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

What beautiful wisdom, today’s Gospel can give us, whenever we are tempted to be anxious:

…But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness,
and all these things will be given you besides.
Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself.
Sufficient for a day is its own evil. (From Matthew’s Gospel 6:24-34 for Sunday, Feb. 27)

How very close to the urging of St. Louis De Montfort for these 12 preliminary days of preparation before our Consecration on March 25! It has been my experience in reading True Devotion as well as in reading De Montfort’s earlier book, The Love of Eternal Wisdom that he is “steeped in Scripture”. He has learned from Jesus and shares with us the Truth he heard and lived from the Word of God.

We are continuing today as St. Louis instructed us in paragraph 227 of True Devotion: “emptying ourselves of the spirit of the world which is opposed to Jesus”. If any of you would like to share any insights you’ve received so far on this journey, I’d be happy to hear from you. If you have any questions, I’m also happy to try helping answer them from what I have learned.

One thing that keeps coming to me, personally, is how often I am distracted from prayer by something “I think I need to do” or something “I’m worried or anxious about”. Today’s Gospel helped me to see how I need to empty my heart of “self” !!! Seriously, I need to think more about God and His Will for me on a given day - at any time or in any place and (to quote the beautiful responsorial of today’s Mass:

Rest in God alone, my soul.
Only in God is my soul at rest;
from him comes my salvation.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
my stronghold; I shall not be disturbed at all…

It seems to me the spirit of the world is a very “selfish” spirit and “selfishness” is certainly opposed to Jesus Who “emptied Himself on the cross” for us. Please let us continue to pray with, and for one another, today and always.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.