Deal Hudson Warns Of Future ‘Anti-Catholic Storm’ In US

Click Here: Deal Hudson Warns Of Future ‘Anti-Catholic Storm’ In US

Washington D.C., Jun 10, 2010 (CNA).- An “anti-Catholic storm” is looming in the United States, Deal Hudson has claimed, because of the Church’s stance against “postmodern ideologies” and because well-funded Catholic supporters of President Obama provide cover for Catholic politicians who dissent from Catholic teaching...

...“The use of courts and commissions to harass and threaten Catholics and other Christians has already been auditioned in Canada. And the expansion of hate-speech laws signed by President Barack Obama last October sets the stage for similar tussles here when a minister, priest, or voluble layperson too heatedly denounces homosexual sex.”

While the Church is not the only institution insisting on universal moral standards, it is the largest and therefore stands in the way of “postmodern ideologies achieving complete dominance in the West.”...

...“The coming anti-Catholic storm will be linked, sadly, to the reelection campaign of President Barack Obama,” he predicted. Though the president is out of favor at the moment, his supporters will “quickly recover” enthusiasm in the face of a Republican opponent.

“There will be a furious and well-funded effort by Catholic Obama supporters to keep Obama in office. By 2010, the storm will be felt throughout the Church, and those who blithely claim that the Church and politics are not connected will be as helpless as a fallen leaf caught in a tornado,” Hudson’s commentary concluded...

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

Funny, I was all but called a wacko fringe element on another forum when I made almost the same prediction based on the daily news I was reading!

Why is it that we Catholics refuse to see the train that's about to hit us until it's too late to get out of the way? I don't advocate militancy but we should present a unified body loudly and vigorously protesting all this anti-Christian garbage on TV and in the press.

[quote="DawnInTexas, post:1, topic:201569"]
Washington D.C., Jun 10, 2010 (CNA).- An “anti-Catholic storm” is looming in the United States, Deal Hudson has claimed, because of the Church’s stance against “postmodern ideologies” and because well-funded Catholic supporters of President Obama provide cover for Catholic politicians who dissent from Catholic teaching...

...“The coming anti-Catholic storm will be linked, sadly, to the reelection campaign of President Barack Obama,” he predicted. Though the president is out of favor at the moment, his supporters will “quickly recover” enthusiasm in the face of a Republican opponent.

[/quote]

The one thing America never lacks is a Prophet of Doom of one stripe or another. Hudson just got on at the end of the line. But, there'll be more behind him, each with his own agenda. :shrug:

Yes, we are on the brink. See this CWR interview with Melanie Phillips here.

Her new book is titled: "The World Turned Upside Down: The Global Battle Over God, Truth, and Power."

Edit: Here is a more direct link to the article.

Mainstream media outlets are already trying on anti-Catholic fatwa's for size. The Church will be an even bigger villain the Bush.

[quote="Bob_Aliano, post:2, topic:201569"]
Funny, I was all but called a wacko fringe element on another forum when I made almost the same prediction based on the daily news I was reading!

Why is it that we Catholics refuse to see the train that's about to hit us until it's too late to get out of the way? I don't advocate militancy but we should present a unified body loudly and vigorously protesting all this anti-Christian garbage on TV and in the press.

[/quote]

We are living in a time of great upheaval. A time of Great Graces.

While sin and evil increase, so does the Grace of God.

The scales have been removed from your eyes. There are varying degrees of this. Some "see" more-some less. Some think everything in the world is just fine (they have none of this particular Grace).

According to the Divine Mercy in My Soul Diary (St. Faustina Kowalska)-Jesus states that we are now living in the Time of His Mercy-before the Time of His Justice.

MOMENT OF MERCY

Perhaps Jesus spoke to St. Faustina of such a day:

***Before I come as the just Judge, I am coming first as the King of Mercy. Before the day of justice arrives, there will be given to people a sign in the heavens of this sort:

All light in the heavens will be extinguished, and there will be great darkness over the whole earth. Then the sign of the cross will be seen in the sky, and from the openings where the hands and the feet of the Savior were nailed will come forth great lights which will light up the earth for a period of time. This will take place shortly before the last day.*** —Diary of Divine Mercy, n. 83

In contemporary mysticism, such an event has been called "the illumination," and has been prophesied by several holy men and women. It is a "warning" to put oneself right with God before the coming purification of the world.

St. Faustina describes an illumination she experienced:

Suddenly I saw the complete condition of my soul as God sees it. I could clearly see all that is displeasing to God. I did not know that even the smallest transgressions will have to be accounted for. What a moment! Who can describe it? To stand before the Thrice-Holy-God! —St. Faustina; Divine Mercy in My Soul, Diary

I pronounced a great day… wherein the terrible Judge should reveal all men’s consciences and try every man of each kind of religion. This is the day of change, this is the Great Day which I threatened, comfortable to the well-being, and terrible to all heretics. —St. Edmund Campion, Cobett’s Complete Collection of State Trials…, Vol. I, p. 1063.

Blessed Anna Maria Taigi (1769-1837), known for her astoundingly accurate visions, also spoke of such an event.

She indicated that this illumination of conscience would result in the saving of many souls because many would repent as a result of this"warning"… this miracle of "self-illumination." —Fr. Joseph Iannuzzi in Antichrist and the End Times, P. 36

And more recently, mystic Maria Esperanza (1928-2004) said,

The consciences of this beloved people must be violently shaken so that they may "put their house in order"… A great moment is approaching, a great day of light… it is the hour of decision for mankind. —Ibid, P. 37 (Volumne 15-n.2, Featured Article from www.sign.org)

Remain in a State of Grace! Practice your Faith! Pray the Rosary every day-Don't let a day go by without praying it! Get under Mary's Mantle.

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

[quote="JimG, post:4, topic:201569"]
Yes, we are on the brink. See this CWR interview with Melanie Phillips here.

Her new book is titled: "The World Turned Upside Down: The Global Battle Over God, Truth, and Power."

Edit: Here is a more direct link to the article.

Mainstream media outlets are already trying on anti-Catholic fatwa's for size. The Church will be an even bigger villain the Bush.

[/quote]

She certainly seems to have a handle on what's happenin'!

Lol! I love it! The shine has come off Obama.

And, the "Princess Obama" syndrome. Perfect!

Yep. She certainly does seem to have many in our Country pegged...
...although, many still think Obama shines.

Great Article!

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

I think we will learn a lot from the next election. If we can recapture the basic idea of Americanism - a constitutional republic - then we will have come back from the brink.

Ishii

It's not a lunatic fringe that is attacking the Catholic Church.

Father Mitch Pacwa discussed this recently on EWTN on his program "Threshold of Hope". The program is mostly about Pope John Paul II's encyclicals. However, he starts off the show with the saint of the day or answering emails.

I will go back and see if I can find the particular program.

In summary, some mainstream Catholics studied "Rules for Radicals" and are deliberately applying it by attacking the Bishops and the Pope.

I am posting this now to remind myself to look for the details. Fr. Pacwa went into a lot of detail about how he came to study it, the names of the people who are pulling the strings and who are doing the attacking and the specific tactics they are using.

More later.

I just went to Google and did a search for " Mitch Pacwa Rules for Radicals " and a ton of stuff came up.

Here is just one:

lospequenos.org/CommunityOrganizing/WhyAIIsBadForTheCatholicChurch.pdf

Father Pacwa has lectured on this subject many times, apparently.

[quote="Rich_Olszewski, post:3, topic:201569"]
The one thing America never lacks is a Prophet of Doom of one stripe or another. Hudson just got on at the end of the line. But, there'll be more behind him, each with his own agenda. :shrug:

[/quote]

We would all do well to recognize that the Anti-Catholic storm goes much deeper. It is Satan's plan to destroy the Church and those who close their eyes to the "prophets" because of blind party loyalties may, at some point, be very sorry they did.

[quote="Tigg, post:9, topic:201569"]
We would all do well to recognize that the Anti-Catholic storm goes much deeper. It is Satan's plan to destroy the Church and those who close their eyes to the "prophets" because of blind party loyalties may, at some point, be very sorry they did.

[/quote]

I don't buy into "Doom and Gloom." Satan hasn't been able to destroy the Church for 2+ millenia, and I don't see him able to do so now. Look around - the Church is actually growing, and at a decent pace in many parts of the world.

People who make predictions after navel-gazing can be dismissed. Was there ever a century when there weren't squirrels crying out "The End is nigh!"

[quote="Rich_Olszewski, post:10, topic:201569"]
I don't buy into "Doom and Gloom." Satan hasn't been able to destroy the Church for 2+ millenia, and I don't see him able to do so now.

[/quote]

I never said he would succeed, and on Christ's promises he will not. That doesn't keep him from trying. Oh well......the blood of martyrs has renewed the Church in the past and I can see it happening again. You, of course, are free to dismiss this.

[quote="Tigg, post:11, topic:201569"]
Oh well......the blood of martyrs has renewed the Church in the past and I can see it happening again. You, of course, are free to dismiss this.

[/quote]

And I most assuredly do. Which is not to say that you can't believe what you do.

We'll both see what the future will bring.

The important thing is that when the persecution intensifies, that we choose to stand with the Church, in spite of public calumny against us.

foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/06/11/hollywoods-war-religion-lady-gaga-latest-celeb-sexualize-abuse-catholic-symbols/?test=faces

Interesting article I ran across just as I was reading through this thread.

There have been times when Vandals, for example, conquered Europe and wiped out the Catholic Church. There is a book, When the Irish Saved Civilization. I think it took 800 years for the Church to get re-established in Europe.

Communism ruled the Soviet Union for ~ 70 years.

Islam wiped out the Catholic Church in Egypt, North Africa and many other places. That was 1500 years ago. In Spain the fight lasted from AD 711 to AD 1492.

Do we want to be in the dark for that long?

People can call themselves Catholics. People can call themselves ham sandwiches. The truth doesn't care. The Truth is unaffected by political funding. If I may be presumptuous, God doesn't like dead babies or those who enable their deaths, no matter what they put on the religion line of their hospital admissions form.

[quote="Monte_RCMS, post:15, topic:201569"]
There have been times when Vandals, for example, conquered Europe and wiped out the Catholic Church. There is a book, When the Irish Saved Civilization. I think it took 800 years for the Church to get re-established in Europe.

Communism ruled the Soviet Union for ~ 70 years.

Islam wiped out the Catholic Church in Egypt, North Africa and many other places. That was 1500 years ago. In Spain the fight lasted from AD 711 to AD 1492.

Do we want to be in the dark for that long?

[/quote]

I don't think anyone is forecasting such dire consequences from the current anti-Christian sentiment. Things could and probably will get very uncomfortable, we will learn who are the real Christians. The worst case I envision is to "legally" curtail our pro-life activities, restrict the subject matter (at least the intensity on certain topics) of sermons and even drive some of our pubic ceremony underground. Most of us "doom sayers" are merely attempting to awaken some who think God will do everything for us, the Church is coming increasingly under attack and needs our defense through prayer and action.

[quote="Monte_RCMS, post:15, topic:201569"]

[/quote]

The Vandals attacked Rome in the mid-fifth century, but were defeated by the Byzantine Empire a hundred years later. They may have had some ill effect on the Church, but that depends on what part of Europe you are talking about. Poland, for example was christianized in 966, and was unaffected by what happened in Italy five hundred years earlier. I don't doubt that it may have taken 800 years elsewhere in Europe.

Interestingly, it is not merely Christians and particularly Catholics who foresee a new persecution and a new dark age coming on. Several secular writers have addressed the same question, though from a purely secular standpoint. Morris Berman, in his book "The Twilight of American Culture," sees a civilization in decline, probably irreversibly. He even talks of a possible sort of "monastic option" to preserve the culture for the future during the coming dark ages. Presumably his monastic option would involve scholars and scientists, not monks, since he is not a religionist.

[quote="Rich_Olszewski, post:3, topic:201569"]

[/quote]

There are some, no matter what, who believe that everything in the world is lemon trees and lollipops.

It's not Doom and Gloom-it is hope, and it doesn't come from Barack Obama. We pray each Mass "...As we wait in Joyful Hope, for the Coming of Our Savior Jesus Christ..."

Joyful Hope, not Doom and Gloom.

Christ has sent His Mother to warn us to turn back to Himself. At La Salette (1846), she asked for our prayers and reverence for Sundays---she was having a hard time holding back the arm of her Son!

Was the world worse then-in 1846-than now?

Does God turn a blind eye to Abortion, Euthanasia, Sodomy---etc.? Or is He unchanged-and His Laws the same today as they were yesterday, and will be tomorrow?

Was Christ kidding us when He dictated to Saint Faustina (Divine Mercy in My Soul) that we are now in a time of His Mercy before the time of His Justice?

In Garabandal (not condemned-nor approved), The Blessed Virgin Mary purportedly stated the Cup was filling up in 1961. Four years later-she stated the Cup was overflowing-and that a great Chastisement was coming.

Is the world more Holy today-than it was in 1965?

I, for one, fear for my children and grandchildren-the effect the Secular (Godless) world will have on them-their lives-and their families.

Hence, we heed the warnings of the Prophets God sends-and do not take them lightly.

The Church (the Bride of Christ) is following Christ (the Groom) through her own Passion. She will emerge at the end-more Glorified than ever. Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI recognize this, and have made their own statements thereabout.

As we wait in Joyful Hope, remain in prayer, and observe the Signs of the Times.

Joyful!

Evil, Too, Has a Name

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You.
Love, Dawn

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.