Dear brothers and sisters : Here's some insights into the deeper meaning of the plagues of Egypt and how it relates to the last days / end times. Check it out and see if you agree. God bless all

My dearest friends

Following is some thoughts on the tthe 10 plagues of Egypt which symbolise what happens if we disobey Gods decalogue or ten commandments. The first 3 plagues were inflicted on those who would not heed Gods word by Aaron and this symbolises the effects of mans not living in harmony with nature and the consequences via the equilibrium. The final seven plagues are carried out via Moses and this symbolises the effects of disobediene to Christ and the effect this has on us if we do not obey Gods law - sin. These last 7 symbolise the effects of the seven deadly sins which result in death ultimately as in the tenth plague. 8 symbolises the reign of the antichrist- darkness. The ninth plague is a direct reference to the three days and nights the sky will be blacker than ever before as a sign the end is about to come but those who live in the light will be saved as in the plague the chosen peoples homes were filled with light. The tenth plague shows us that we will die and go to hell if we disobey God. But if we love God we will be saved by the blood of the lamb when the end comes.

The 10 plagues of Egypt

1- Water turned to blood Ex 7:14-25 .
God transformed the water in the Nile River into a river of blood for 7 days, causing the death of fish and leaving the Egyptians with undrinkable water.
2- Frogs Ex 8:1-15 .
God created a swarm of frogs that came up out of the Nile river and covered the land of Egypt, infesting Egyptian houses.
3- Lice/gnats Ex 8:16-19 .
God created a plague of lice which swarmed in the air and irritated the skin of the Egyptians and their animals.
4- Dog Flies, not in Goshen where the Israelites lived Ex 8:20
God created the plague of dog flies that bit the Egyptians and attached themselves to their eyelids, but the Hebrews were unaffected by them.
5- On cattle, Israelite livestock not affected Ex 9:1-7
This is a virus that affects cattle and eventually kills them. Egyptian cattle were affected by this plague but the Hebrew cattle were not.
6- Of boils and open sores in humans Ex 9:8-12
God sent the plague of boils so that the Egyptians would have great difficulty standing or walking, plus it was very painful to endure.
7- Severe Hailstorm, did not affect the Israelites. Ex 9:18-34
God kept on upping the ante by creating the worst hailstorm ever seen in Egypt. People and animals perished as a result, and the agricultural economy of Egypt was severely damaged.
8- Locusts Ex 10:1-20
God created a swarm of locusts that covered Egypt, infested Egyptian homes, and ate all the plants left over from the hailstorm. There were clouds of locusts that were so dense, they darkened the sky.
9- Darkness, lasted for 3 days, but not in Goshen Ex 10:21-23
God created darkness over the land of Egypt; it was so dark, one could feel it. The Egyptians could not see anyone in this thick darkness nor leave their houses for 3 days. However, the houses of the Hebrews were filled with light.
10- Death of first-born Egyptian sons, included the Pharaoh’s - but not of the Israelites who wiped blood on their doorposts 12:17, Ex 11:4-7; 29, 30 This plague caused the greatest emotional outcry from the Egyptian people, and finally convinced the Pharaoh to let the Hebrews leave Egypt.
continued-

continued-
The seven plagues by Moses are a type of the the seven churches which must hold fast to the faith when the tribulations come just like the chosen people did in Egypt and not follow the antichrist and the seven seals which show us the events of the last days / end times ( we should easily see the parallel here to the plagues of Egypt as explained ).
The seven Churches

Title and description of the book (1:1-3)

The revelation made by Jesus the Messias to John. Salutation (1:4-9)

Salutation prefatory to the seven Epistles, wishing the churches the grace and the peace of God and Jesus. The vision of Jesus as the Son of Man (1:9-20)

The portrait is taken from Daniel 10 and Henoch 46. Cf. the phrases, “one like the son of man” (Apocalypse 1:13, Daniel 10:16 and 7:13); “girded with gold” (Apocalypse 1:13; Daniel 10:5); “eyes like flames of fire” (Apocalypse 1:14; Daniel 10:6); “a voice like that of a multitude” (Apocalypse 1:15; Daniel 10:6); “I fell down like one senseless” (Apocalypse 1:17; Daniel 10:9); “and he touched me” (Apocalypse 1:17, Daniel 10:18); “hair white like wool” (Apocalypse 1:14; Daniel 7:9; Henoch 46:1). The epistles to the seven Churches (2:1-3:22)

The Churches are Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea. The Epistles are short exhortations to the Christians to remain steadfast in their faith, to beware of falseapostles and to abstain from fornication and from meat offered to idols. The book with the seven seals

continued-

The vision of God enthroned upon the cherubim (chapters 4 and 5)

The throne is surrounded by twenty-four elders. In the right hand of God is a scroll sealed with seven seals. In the midst of the Cherubim and the elders the Seer beholds a lamb, “agnus tamquam occisus”, having on its throat the scar of the gash by which it was slain. The Seer weeps because no one either in heaven or on earth can break the seals. He is comforted on hearing that the lamb was worthy to do so because of the redemption it had wrought by its blood. The portrait of the throne is taken from Ezechiel 1. Compare in both accounts the description of the four beasts. They resemble a lion, an ox, a man, and an eagle. Their bodies are full of eyes (cf. Revelation 4:8; and Ezekiel 10:12). The twenty-four elders were probably suggested by the twenty-four courses of priests ministering in the Temple. The lamb slain for the sins of mankind is from Isaias 53. The seven seals and the numbering of the saints (chapters 6 and 7)

At the opening of four seals, four horses appear. Their colour is white, black, red, and sallow, or green (chloros, piebald). They signify conquest, slaughter, dearth and death. The vision is taken from Zechariah 6:1-8. At the opening of the fifth seal the Seer beholds the martyrs that were slain and hears their prayers for the final triumph. At the opening of the sixth seal the predestined to glory are numbered and marked. The Seer beholds them divided into two classes. First, 144,000 Jews, 12,000 of every tribe. Then a numberless multitude chosen from all nations and tongues. The seventh seal (chapters 8 and 9)

After the interval of about half an hour, the seventh seal is broken; seven angels issue forth, each one holding a trumpet. The sounding of the first four trumpets causes a partial destruction of the elements of nature. One-third of the earth is burned, as also one-third of the trees and all the grass. One-third of the sea becomes blood (cf. Exodus 7:17). One-third of the rivers is turned into water of wormwood. One-third of the sun, moon, and stars is obscured, causing one-third of the day to be dark (cf. Exodus 10:21).
continued-

continued - last time-
At the sounding of the fifth trumpet locusts ascend from the abyss. Their work is to torment men for five months, They are specially charged not to touch the grass. Their shape is that of horses (Joel 2:4) their teeth like those of lions (Joel 1:6), their hair like the hair of women. They have the tails of scorpions where with to chastise man. The command over them is held by the Angel of the Abyss, named Abaddon, the destroyer. At the sound of the sixth trumpet the four angels chained at the Euphrates are let loose. They lead forth an army of horsemen. By the fire which the horses spit out and by their tails which are like serpents, one-third of mankind is killed. After the sixth trumpet there are two digressions. (1) The angel standing on the land and the sea. He swears that at the sound of the seventh trumpet the mystery will be completed. He hands to the Seer a little book. When eaten by him it is found sweet to taste, but bitter when once devoured. Taken from Ezekiel 2:8 and 3:3. (2) The contamination of the court of the Temple by the heathens. It lasts three and a half years. Taken from Daniel 7:25; 9:27; 12:7-11. During that time two witnesses are sent to preach in Jerusalem. They are the two olive-trees foretold by Zechariah 4:3-11. At the end of their mission they are slain by the beast. They are raised to life after three and a half days (= years). The seventh trumpet is now sounded, the nations are judged and the kingdom of Christ is established.

There is a deeper spiritual meaning in the plagues of Egypt that if we do not obey Gods word and do not struggle against the 7 deadly sins ( these lead to many bigger sins at least and are deadly for this reason ) we will break the 10 commandments and this will result in eternal death when the end comes. Also the first 3 plagues represent the consequences of breaking the first 3 commandments which are our duty to God. the last 7 indicate the consequences of breaking the last 7 commandments - our duty to our neighbour.

Hope you like these thoughts dear friends. Comments are welcome etc.:wink:

May God bless you all abundantly:thumbsup::slight_smile:

John

Further thoughts on the type of Moses as the saviour and relevant matters. Further to what’s already been said. This occured to me -

If we accept Christ and listen to His word He will help us overcome our slavery to the seven deadly sins which lead to the breaking of the commandments, which in turn harms not just us but the natural world. And having overcome sin we will be children of light, and we will have the light of Christ to guide us when darkness comes and the antichrist reigns. We will be protected from the antichrist by the Lamb whose Blood has saved us. And when the three days and nights of blackest darkness come as a sign the end is nigh the Lord will guide His people. And when the antichrist ( Egyptians ) come after the elect and all looks lost for them the Lord will part the Red Sea by showing the great sign of the Cross on the moon, and the Cross shall be red and the moon white. Then Jesus shall return soon after, and even though some may spend 40 years in purgatory all will be taken to the land of milk and honey which is Heaven. And the antichrist will be defeated and perish as will all the wicked people. And the elect shall dwell with God in His Holy Tabernacle - Heaven forever and ever.

Hope you like this.

May God bless you abundantly:thumbsup::slight_smile:

John

Thanks John, I liked reading this one, especially the end result:thumbsup: I would like to know the source of this interpretation. Carlan

My dear friend

I can only say the source was unfortunately not a saint like everyone likes - it was me. Perhaps the Holy Spirit was gracious and gave me some insight I don’t deserve?
The whole story is so riddled with types you could spend a lifetime studying them and putting together theories I think. Glad you got something out of it dear friend;)

May the God of Moses, I Am Who Am, bless you always dear friend:thumbsup::slight_smile:

John

Hey John, the Holy Spirit speaks through you and others graced as you are, and I thank Him for it, may He continue to bless us, in a special way, through you and each other. All love to Him, Father Son and Holy Spirit. Thank you, and all blessings to you John.:wave:Carlan

My dear friend

Perhaps He’s spoken again? I have to change that break up of 3 plus 7 commandments and list as 10 commandments that when broken harm us and the environment. And the moon must be blood with a white cross - I’ll check that now. I have a new one showing our Blessed Mothers importance in this too. I’ll post it soon.

God bless you dear friend:thumbsup::slight_smile:

John

Error being fixed - Human error

The highlited red below needs to be reversed to say the moon becomes like blood and a white Cross appears on it. The moon becoming blood is in the NT as a sign at the end. As is the giant Cross in the sky.

If we accept Christ and listen to His word He will help us overcome our slavery to the seven deadly sins which lead to the breaking of the commandments, which in turn harms not just us but the natural world. And having overcome sin we will be children of light, and we will have the light of Christ to guide us when darkness comes and the antichrist reigns. We will be protected from the antichrist by the Lamb whose Blood has saved us. And when the three days and nights of blackest darkness come as a sign the end is nigh the Lord will guide His people. And when the antichrist ( Egyptians ) come after the elect and all looks lost for them the Lord will part the Red Sea by showing the great sign of the Cross on the moon, and the Cross shall be red and the moon white. Then Jesus shall return soon after, and even though some may spend 40 years in purgatory all will be taken to the land of milk and honey which is Heaven. And the antichrist will be defeated and perish as will all the wicked people. And the elect shall dwell with God in His Holy Tabernacle - Heaven forever and ever.

God bless all:thumbsup::slight_smile:
John

Further thoughts on Mary’s role in this. I’ve hilited in red my comments dear friends-

Rev.12

1] And a great portent appeared in heaven, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars;
This is Mary come to save us from the antichrist and it shows she is clothed in Christ and she is reponsible for conquering satan symbolised by the moon and the moon has turned to blood, the blood of the Lamb has conquered satan. The crown of twelve stars shows she has dominion over all of creation as Queen of the Universe and even the stars are subject to Her by virtue of He all powerful prayer. It is she that has darkened the sky for 3 days and nights and gives the sign of the moon with a cross to her elect.
2] she was with child and she cried out in her pangs of birth, in anguish for delivery.
She is crying out for her children to be delivered from the antichrist.
3] And another portent appeared in heaven; behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems upon his heads.
7 deadly sins lead to sins against the commandments which opens the seven seals.
4] His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven, and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to bear a child, that he might devour her child when she brought it forth;
5] she brought forth a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was caught up to God and to his throne,
6] and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which to be nourished for one thousand two hundred and sixty days.
7] Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought,
8] but they were defeated and there was no longer any place for them in heaven.
9] And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world – he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.
10] And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God.
11] And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.
12] Rejoice then, O heaven and you that dwell therein! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!"
13] And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had borne the male child.
14] But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time.
15] The serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, to sweep her away with the flood.
16] But the earth came to the help of the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river which the dragon had poured from his mouth.
17] Then the dragon was angry with the woman, and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and bear testimony to Jesus. And he stood on the sand of the sea.

Any suggestions to expand this or correct it are welcome.

God bless all:thumbsup::slight_smile:
John

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.