Dear Satan

Please close the door to Hell. We're getting a nasty draft.

That is all.

Best wishes,

purplesunshine 118 degrees

I think you mean satan.

Satin’s a fabric used to make prom dresses, and fancy pajamas. :wink:

The fabric of our lives. . . no wait that's cotton. . .

On days like today cotton is comfortable.

:rotfl:

[quote="Mary_Gail_36, post:4, topic:249357"]
On days like today cotton is comfortable.

[/quote]

Brrrzzzzttttt (buzzer sound)

false

actually cotton is bad for hot days. It can hold moisture. It will capture sweat and hold it to the skin and make a more "humid" condition. The moisture can cause chaffing and add to body temperature increasing the risk of heatstroke. It can also cause you to cool down too quickly if you go in an airconditioned room.

[quote="purplesunshine, post:6, topic:249357"]
Brrrzzzzttttt (buzzer sound)

false

actually cotton is bad for hot days. It can hold moisture. It will capture sweat and hold it to the skin and make a more "humid" condition. The moisture can cause chaffing and add to body temperature increasing the risk of heatstroke. It can also cause you to cool down too quickly if you go in an airconditioned room.

[/quote]

At least cotton is more comfortable than satin.

Lol i suppose you're right.

But i'm with the american hiking society on whats best to wear their motto is "Cotton kills"

What do middle eastern folks wear? You know- those white things the men wear. Maybe linen.

I've always wondered how priests do it in mission territories. I'm all for the priest being properly vested but I think I'd give him a pass on the chasuble on a day like this.

How about priests in India- WOW!!

And in the EF they have to stand up a lot longer- and I don't think there are any options for dressing down!

[quote="purplesunshine, post:1, topic:249357"]

That is all.

Best wishes,

[/quote]

I get it! The scorching heat wave-lol!!! I know what I am facing this Friday upon returning to Charleston (SC)-the mad scorcher! :D Might as well enjoy what is left of my break from the scorcher in Japan where it is a bit cooler-maybe I can bring back some of that nicer weather with me :thumbsup:

[quote="lauraabarlow, post:10, topic:249357"]
I get it! The scorching heat wave-lol!!! I know what I am facing this Friday upon returning to Charleston (SC)-the mad scorcher! :D Might as well enjoy what is left of my break from the scorcher in Japan where it is a bit cooler-maybe I can bring back some of that nicer weather with me :thumbsup:

[/quote]

You're lucky Japan is usually HOT this time of year, unless you are in the north. THat's why they have drink machines every 10 feet!

That is all.

Best wishes,

[/quote]

It only reached 104 degrees in New York City today. Our all-time high is a measly 106. Actually, I hadn't seen the 118-degree temperature the first time I read your post and thought you were referring to the decline of morality in the world, as seen by the terrorist bombings in Oslo, Norway.

Never knew about the inferiority of cotton in hot weather. Interesting.

[quote="ringil, post:11, topic:249357"]
You're lucky Japan is usually HOT this time of year, unless you are in the north. THat's why they have drink machines every 10 feet!

[/quote]

It was hot like charleston when we first arrived here on the 11th yet cooled down from the tropical system-felt very good :-)

[quote="lauraabarlow, post:13, topic:249357"]
It was hot like charleston when we first arrived here on the 11th yet cooled down from the tropical system-felt very good :-)

[/quote]

Bring back some weird soda! We still have these strange Tang like drinks with a blue cat and a yello rabbit on the front called "Qoo".

I don't know if we will ever drink them. . . .

That is all.

Best wishes,

[/quote]

Loved your post! Hope it's finally cooling off a bit for you now.

[quote="bmaj, post:15, topic:249357"]
Loved your post! Hope it's finally cooling off a bit for you now.

[/quote]

Its bipolar.

A chilly, rainy and breesy 59 deegrees...5pm

That is all.

Best wishes,

[/quote]

Ahh, the cause of global warming eh!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.