Dear Seperated brothers and sisters

I just want to say “Thanks” but “No Thanks” I’m very happy to be a Catholic just as you are being a protestant. You can dish out every bible verse you can think of that you think supprts your views you want. tell me evrything you learned that is wrong with the Catholic Church. It doesn’t matter.
Look. You know your right. Aint nothing that can change your minds. Same here. Nothing gonna change my mind. I know my church is right. I love my Christian Church as much as you love yours. God bless You. Pray for World Peace. Not me.

[quote=Dang]I just want to say “Thanks” but “No Thanks” I’m very happy to be a Catholic just as you are being a protestant.
[/quote]

Is this addressed to somebody in particular? I haven’t been on this forum for very long, but I haven’t seen anybody trying to really convert anybody. I have seen what boils down to a lot of name calling, however.

[quote=Stephen Mills]Is this addressed to somebody in particular? I haven’t been on this forum for very long, but I haven’t seen anybody trying to really convert anybody. I have seen what boils down to a lot of name calling, however.
[/quote]

No it is not to anyone imparticular, those who are trying to do this know who they are.There are certain people who post that make false accusations about Catholics and say we aren’t really Christians.These are who this thread is about. Other people would truly like to find out what Catholics believe.God Bless

Perhaps this thread will also deal with this issue.

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=28950

[quote=Dang]I just want to say “Thanks” but “No Thanks” I’m very happy to be a Catholic just as you are being a protestant. You can dish out every bible verse you can think of that you think supprts your views you want. tell me evrything you learned that is wrong with the Catholic Church. It doesn’t matter.
Look. You know your right. Aint nothing that can change your minds. Same here. Nothing gonna change my mind. I know my church is right. I love my Christian Church as much as you love yours. God bless You. Pray for World Peace. Not me.
[/quote]

I believe it is not a matter of ‘making your mind’ but the Holy Spirit to 'make the heart docile, the heart to ‘see’ and the mind to ‘understand’ where the True Church is.
Apologetics is not a matter of ‘I won them over’, but the Holy Spirit doing all the work.

Come on! It is Christmas and your Charity towards Non-Catholics is quite rough.

God IS with Us!
Edwin

I didn’t think that was so rough. No, I’m not Catholic. But, I do have a great love for my Catholic brothers and sisters. I also realize that some may not consider me a sister, and that’s fine. I know Whom I have believed…

I am here to learn more about the Catholic church and faith.
Blessings in HIm,
SJB

[quote=Dang]I just want to say “Thanks” but “No Thanks” I’m very happy to be a Catholic just as you are being a protestant. You can dish out every bible verse you can think of that you think supprts your views you want. tell me evrything you learned that is wrong with the Catholic Church. It doesn’t matter.
[/quote]

Thanks for the message. Sounds like you are open to learn. Don’t go to www.theologyprogram.com. It is dangerous territory for those who are completely closed minded.

Merry Christmas.

Michael

[/quote]

What if I said “please”?

BTW: Doesn’t iron sharpen iron?

Merry Christmas,

Michael

This reminds me of the time I announced on a bicycle forum I would rather ride a road bike then a mountain bike. Some of the mountain bikers took it as a personal insult rather then a fact that I stated concerning just myself.
The Catholic Way is the the Way for me. I like the Catholic point of view better then the…? The protestant(s) point(s) of view(s). Yet I thank God for leading a Baptist Sailor and his Bible to me many years ago whom started my journey back to Rome. God used this sailor and his Bible for me to begin a personal relationship with Jesus. Gee, I could be dead if it wasn’t for this Baptist sailor and his Bible. After I was “Born Again” I kept asking Jesus why Catholics do this and that. I had to learn why they taught what I thought was total biblical error. And Jesus showed me using the KJV bible.
Jesus. He’s a smart man.
Really. Jusus wants me to be a Catholic. Theres no doubt in my mind thats where the Holy Sprit lead me.
Would you all like me to tell you the story how God used a Baptist sailor and his Bible to save my life? It’s a really cool story.
It would begin something like this… It was a depressing,cold, drizzly, gray day back in the
fall of "79…

[quote=Dang]This reminds me of the time I announced on a bicycle forum I would rather ride a road bike then a mountain bike. Some of the mountain bikers took it as a personal insult rather then a fact that I stated concerning just myself.
The Catholic Way is the the Way for me. I like the Catholic point of view better then the…? The protestant(s) point(s) of view(s). Yet I thank God for leading a Baptist Sailor and his Bible to me many years ago whom started my journey back to Rome. God used this sailor and his Bible for me to begin a personal relationship with Jesus. Gee, I could be dead if it wasn’t for this Baptist sailor and his Bible. After I was “Born Again” I kept asking Jesus why Catholics do this and that. Really. Jusus wants me to be a Catholic. Theres no doubt in my mind thats where the Holy Sprit lead me.
Would you all like me to tell you the story how God used a Baptist sailor and his Bible to save my life?
[/quote]

I’d be interested…:bounce:

[quote=SJB]I’d be interested…:bounce:
[/quote]

Keep your eyes on this post then…

[quote=Edwin1961]Come on! It is Christmas and your Charity towards Non-Catholics is quite rough.
[/quote]

Dang, this is not my opinion of your posts. I say, Go Tell It on the Mountain. Keep on planting.

Merry Christ’s Mass, Edwin1961. Someone plants the seeds. The Holy Spirit waters. But the rains fall on infertile ground unless someone plants. For example, God reaps a meager harvest in Muslim lands because there are few who risk planting the seeds of Truth.

JMJ Jay
Ex-Southern Baptist, ex-agnostic, ex-atheist, ecstatic to be Catholic!

This thread is wandering and is now closed.

Merry Christmas,

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.