"Death of Pope John Paul"

Someone referred me to this site for information about the Catholic church. The person is a fundamentalist and said the site was a good place to “learn” about the Roman Catholic Church. I checked it out and found this article among many. I thought you folks might like to see how the “troops” in the fundamentalist camp are being trained!!
pro-gospel.org/01/ea-027.php

Comments???:bigyikes:

If there weren’t otherwise good ordinary people who believe this sort of rubbish we could just dismiss it. But, it’s dangerous because this line of thinking does deceive otherwise good, ordinary people. All one has to do is tell what will make one’s case and leave out anything that won’t.

For example, the author starts out by telling us JPII was loved by the whole world, which makes him suspect in their eyes. We know this isn’t the case. Why, if everybody loved him did the KJB back the assassination attempt on his life? Why were so many articles written to bash him from the liberal left when he made decisions they didn’t like? I could go on and on here.

No matter what the pope did or said, they would have to find fault with it. Hardly a Christian way of evaluating the life and ministry of anyone, Christian or non-Christian.

Della, I was very upset with that whole site and Mike Gendron, whoever he is!! Is it any wonder so many Protestants dislike the Catholic Church. It is a very hateful site!

God bless…

:mad: :crying: :banghead: :gopray2: does that about cover it?

Oh, what a mixture of emotions. How dare he say those things…how sad that he is so misguided…see what we are up against…we need to pray for people like that.

In a way, something like that is more harmful than outright anti catholic venom. Sometimes the more hateful a person comes off, it has the opposite effect of making them look like a jerk, even to people who may share the point of view. But this looks so much “nicer” talking about “poor misguided Catholics”

My heart is sad.

Arlene

[quote=mainelyned]Someone referred me to this site for information about the Catholic church. The person is a fundamentalist and said the site was a good place to “learn” about the Roman Catholic Church. I checked it out and found this article among many. I thought you folks might like to see how the “troops” in the fundamentalist camp are being trained!!

[/quote]

It completely baffles me how people can claim to be Christian and write things like this…and no less to say that a person like John Paul 2 didn’t know the Gospel - what profound trash these people spew from their vile mouths.

Arlene and E.E.: It just shows how stuff like this gets fed into the brains of these people. Christians??? I doubt it!!:o

God bless…
mainelyned

There is none so blind as he who will not see…absolutely sad, pathetic, and just plain mean-spirited that they would even attempt to pass judgment like that. What’s even worse, they are so “sincere” about it…they really believe this is true!

For anyone who would suggest that John Paul (or anyone else for that matter) is burning in hell, I’d like to ask the following question:

“Just when did God step down and elect you to be judge?”

With some people/groups, all you can do is shake the dust off your shoes and pray that they will be converted.

[quote=mainelyned]Della, I was very upset with that whole site and Mike Gendron, whoever he is!! Is it any wonder so many Protestants dislike the Catholic Church. It is a very hateful site!

God bless…
[/quote]

This man is well-known amongst Catholic apologist for his anti-Catholic bigotry. Me, I’m no longer shocked by such tactics and language. It makes be sad and profoundly weary. I pray every day for people’s eyes to be opened to the truth, for we know who is the real instigator of these sorts of attacks on the Church, don’t we.

[quote=Della]This man is well-known amongst Catholic apologist for his anti-Catholic bigotry. Me, I’m no longer shocked by such tactics and language. It makes be sad and profoundly weary. I pray every day for people’s eyes to be opened to the truth, for we know who is the real instigator of these sorts of attacks on the Church, don’t we.
[/quote]

Ditto. I’m hardly surprised anymore. Nowadays, it takes great strength to even pretend these people are Christian. I’m a firm believer, as I’ve said here numerous times, that the devil’s greatest trick isn’t to get people to disbelieve in him, but to believe that they’re Christian when there’s nothing recognizably Christian about them. It’s a genius fraud. I have no illusions that these people lay awake at night wondering if they’ll be found out–I believe they sincerely believe what they’re doing is right and true. But, if there’s any justice in this life or the next, all lies will be revealed.

[quote=mainelyned]Someone referred me to this site for information about the Catholic church. The person is a fundamentalist and said the site was a good place to “learn” about the Roman Catholic Church. I checked it out and found this article among many. I thought you folks might like to see how the “troops” in the fundamentalist camp are being trained!!

[/quote]

Yes of course that exists out there. I have seen far, far much worst than that. I have seen things that come straight from the pits of hell against the Church from “faithful evangelicals.” They might as well attack the Bible, his apostles, Jesus, and the God of Israel.

I just e-mailed them and told them what I thought about the article. To let you know I was not very nice. :smiley:

Did the Pope really off er a plenary indulgence for quitting smoking and drinking? I haven’t heard about that, but it sounds wonderful. Can anyone give me any details or direct me to a source?

I’m glad I read this. What that preacher meant for evil, God means for good.

Does it make these “Christians” feel better about themselves to assure themselves that someone is in Hell? A common thread running through sites like **pro-gospel.org ** is the certainty and confidence they have in another’s eternal damnation.

Maybe they need a slogan like “We’re saved; you’re going to burn!”

I thought fundamentalists would take “Judge not, that ye be not judged” seriously.

There’s a page on that “pro-gospel” website that’s a Spiritual Survey. One of the questions is about belief that

False teachers are used by the devil                              to deceive people about God and salvation

hmmm…seems possible…i wonder if it could really happen…:wink:

-ACEGC

[quote=mainelyned]Someone referred me to this site for information about the Catholic church. The person is a fundamentalist and said the site was a good place to “learn” about the Roman Catholic Church.
[/quote]

I hope you refered them to this website, as a ‘good place to learn’ about the Catholic Church.

[/quote]

Everyone is gunning for the Pope, and when that gets tiresome they jump on Mother Teresa of all people.

[quote=mainelyned]Della, I was very upset with that whole site and Mike Gendron, whoever he is!!
[/quote]

FYI, Mike Gendron is a former Roman Catholic of 37 years. He graduated from Dallas Theological Seminary in 1992, and has written several books on with Roman Catholicism.

Usual claptrap of someone who obviously either knows next to nothing about what the Church actually teaches and believes, or someone who has an agenda and chooses to willingly distort the truth.

FYI, Mike Gendron is a former Roman Catholic of 37 years. He graduated from Dallas Theological Seminary in 1992, and has written several books on with Roman Catholicism.

Seems that our most zealous defenders are converts and some of our biggest detractors are converts from the Faith.

Then again, who knows why he converted. Probably was a lukewarm Catholic who was handed a tract from a streetside preacher, went over the deep end and ended up in the DTS (big time dispensationalist and anti-Catholic org.).

But saying that the Holy Father wasn’t familiar with the Gospel, has he never read any of the works of Pope John Paul II?

[quote=sandusky]FYI, Mike Gendron is a former Roman Catholic of 37 years. He graduated from Dallas Theological Seminary in 1992, and has written several books on with Roman Catholicism.
[/quote]

That Dallas Theological Seminary has been mentioned often in other non-Catholic sites. I know a lot of protestant preachers (Charles Stanley, Pat Robertson, D. James Kennedy) subscribe to the teachings of D.T.Seminary. Charles Ryrie & Lewis Sperry Chafer are their “popes.” These guys talk dispensationalism and “once saved always saved” theologies and spread the anti-Catholic hatred…but they wrap it up in beautiful packaging. Inside the package, however, is the “filthy rags” of hatred that gets taught. I spent some time in Charles Stanley’s site and their forum…WOW! what an eye-opener! I really feel sorry for these folks. They have been hoodwinked into accepting this stuff! Oh, and as far as giving your opinion…no way! It is their “theology” or you are spreading “false” teachings and that the Catholic Church teaches “lies” and “damnable” doctrine (these are the words that were flung at me in there!!!). Needless to say I left quietly and quickly! Thank God for this site!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.