Death penalty for destroying the institution of marriage?

Is it morally permissible to support legislation in a foreign country that calls for the execution of homosexuals? If the bible says sodomy is an abomination then it is justified? My Catholic beliefs are under attack. Therefore, I am justified supporting legislation that denies their ability to destroy the institution of marriage.

Dear friend,

At first I thought you were kidding. But when I finished reading, I saw that you are serious. I almost don’t know where to begin. What in your Catholic faith would tell you to destroy someone who disagrees with you? “Love one another as I have loved you,” Our Lord tells us. We are the sinners that He was willing to suffer and die for—AND so are ALL those with same sex attractions, including those who attempt marriage with each other.

In the early Church there were movements that denied the divinity of Jesus. There were others that denied His humanity. These were far more threatening to the early Church which was struggling to get fully established, than same sex marriage today could ever be. Yet the Church was strengthened by such challenges because the Holy Spirit was with it.

Two-thousand years later, that same Holy Spirit is still with the Church. We all are in the Lord’s hands. By putting Him first, we allow Him to work through us for the good of the human family.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.