Death

I have lost many people close to me over the years to death from various causes. In the last 10 years I’ve lost some people who I have been closest to. My brother (Luke), a mentor who who died of a surprise heart attack (Tim), and now most recently one of my best friends (Thomas) who I’m not exactly sure what he died of.

Each of these people were support people for me that I relied on. My brother was like a best friend who helped me laugh when things got hard. Tim was a mentor for my career adn really helped me to get started on my career. Thomas was a spiritual mentor and he died a couple weeks ago.

I feel a bit angry at God right now. Why must I be so alone? I wonder if this is what all older people feel like. Is this what i have to look forward to as I grow older? How does one possibly cope with such a thing? I feel afraid to get close to anymore friends because what do I do when they die?

I guess I am just grieving. Is there a patron saint of grief? How do you cope with such things. What prayers are there. My heart hurts.

I recently had a sudden death in my family. It is difficult to grieve. I have been going to a grief counselor. I find this helpful. I want to say that this is a sad time for you. Please, know there is comfort in reading the bible. Additionally, believe that the spirit of those whom have passed are with you.

Praying for the repose of the soul’s of those you have lost. Praying to the Holy Spirit to give you strength & fortitude in your time of grief.

I guess I am just grieving. Is there a patron saint of grief? How do you cope with such things. What prayers are there. My heart hurts.

My condolences.

I don’t know about a patron saint, but our LORD HIMself was known as the Man of Sorrows.

Can’t get anyone better than that!

ICXC NIKA

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.