Dec. 30 - Feast of the Holy Family

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

The Christmas season is so short yet so precious for us to ponder. How often do we take time to ponder the simplicity and humility of the Holy Family? We may pause for awhile at our Christmas crib in Church or at home, but do we think of them as a “real” family?

Perhaps this Friday, on the Feast of the Holy Family, we can spend a bit more time in prayer with Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Perhaps we can let the eyes of our hearts envision more than mere Christmas cards. Perhaps we can ask the Holy Spirit to bring us into the Truth of their lives together so that we may better imitate their Love, their Hope and the Faith Mary and Joseph had in Jesus, Son of God and Son of Mary.

The Mass readings for the Feast of the Holy Family can help us. See HERE

Thank you for the mass readings MariaChristi, I havent been to mass but will be spending some time in prayer and reflection today.

Dear rose,

Thanks for your reply. I’m not always able to attend Daily Mass but I try to read the daily Mass Readings the first thing in the morning. It is always a special blessing to hear – with the ears of my heart – God speaking to His Family. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.