Defector reveals life in North Korea, 'the most dangerous place to be a Christian'

Christians in North Korea are forced to worship God in secret as authorities tell people there is no God and order them to praise the state leader instead, a woman who managed to escape the Communist country revealed to CBN News last week.

Kim Eun Jin, 31, who fled North Korea in 2005 and is now residing in Seoul, South Korea, described the persecution of Christians in North Korea, a country described as “the most dangerous place in the world to be a Christian.”

Kim said she was born in Pyongyang, the North Korean capital, into a Christian family who had to keep their religious activities under wraps as freedom of religion, although guaranteed under North Korea’s constitution, is never encouraged.

“Growing up I was told by the authorities that there was no God in this world,” Kim said. “We were ordered instead to worship Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il, the leaders of the country.”

christiantoday.com/article/defector.reveals.life.in.north.korea.the.most.dangerous.place.to.be.a.christian/61696.htm

North Korea is the worst place to be a Christian. I have read that they are publicly run over with steamrollers. No joke. If any country needs liberating, it’s North Korea. Pray for them.

Thanks, I bookmarked that.:slight_smile: I don’t know what to say. To think that her grandmother translated and wrote down the entire bible!

I wish I knew more about what North Korean Christians are going through. I haven’t been able to find a whole lot on the net.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.