Defending Church's teaching on ABC tomorrow to medical students and faculty

I am a first year medical student. Tomorrow we have a class on professionalism, in which we are presented a list of scenarios that may exhibit unprofessional behavior as a physician, and give our thoughts on each. One of the scenarios is that of a doctor who refuses to explain to a female teenager “safe sex” or prescribe birth control.

Please pray for me that I will have the courage to defend our Church’s teachings on the sanctity of sex between man and wife, and that the Holy Spirit may be on my lips so that I may articulate this beautiful teaching well, and also in the hearts of all who hear, so that they might hear and believe and employ it in their own medical practice.

Mary, Our Mother, pray for us!
St. Luke, patron saint of physicians, pray for us!

Rick

Father please grant that Rick will courageously and effectively defend Church teachings on the sanctity of sex between man and wife. Please send Your Spirit to inspire his thoughts and presentation and inspire welcome of Your word in the listeners, so that they respect it in their own medical practice.

Mother Mary, please intercede that gospel teachings will guide the medical profession.
St. Luke, patron saint of physicians, pray for all in the medical profession to serve the loving will of God.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Praying for the Holy Spirit to guide you!

Prayers promised

you are in my prayers

Praying That The Holy Spirit Will Guide You With All Correct Answers In Defending Our Church’s Teaching.
Grandma Glor

Thank you all and God bless you for your prayers! Unfortunately the group in which the discussion of this scenario was discussed was, as the parable says, “rocky soil”, and the idea that a physician would deny to present ABC as an option to a patient was completely abhorrent to them. I’m not willing to forsake the Church’s teachings for anything, but it looks like things could get difficult once my clinical years start. I’m trying to find some good, orthodox, Catholic physicians in my area that can guide me in my quest to unite my faith with my vocation as a doctor. Please keep all medical students and me in your prayers! If the culture of death in medicine is to be ended, my fellow student doctors and I will have to play an important role!

Mary, our Blessed Mother, pray for us!
St. Luke, patron saint of physicians, pray for us!

Rick

Continued prayers … We need more like you.

:gopray:

Prayers going out.

Are you familiar with One More Soul? I know that on their web site they list 100% pro life physicians - perhaps you can some in your area for support. Good luck!

Kris

:amen:

closed #13

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.