Defending the apocrypha

gotquestions.org/apocrypha.html

Also can anyone recomend to me any readings on both the internet and in book form that shows the catholic church is the true and original church of christ, that is was the catholic church that put the bible together and that it was entirely the protestants that changed or added anything to the bible and christian history…

[quote=Valtiel]gotquestions.org/apocrypha.html

Also can anyone recomend to me any readings on both the internet and in book form that shows the catholic church is the true and original church of christ, that is was the catholic church that put the bible together and that it was entirely the protestants that changed or added anything to the bible and christian history…
[/quote]

You can start to defend by refering to these books as “deutercanonical”, not “apocryphal”.

Here: 5 Myths about 7 Books

Scott

I always thought that “apocrypha” refered to books that didn’t make it into the New Testement…like the Gospel according to Bob

learn something every day I guess

Go to www.ewtn.com and look at the question featured for today. It is the answer to your questions.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.