Defending to atheists

There are a ton of good resources here for defending the faith against non-Catholic Christians, but what can we use to defend the Church to an atheist?

Thanks!

Theres plenty of those books, too. I recently picked up The Handbook of Christian Apologetics by Peter Kreeft and…errr…another guy. I’ll post a review once I’m done with it. Peter is the big guy though. Look around for books. They are out there. My stupid-person defense is all the miracles the Church has. The only way to explain the sheer multitude and immprobability of them is by lie, or God.

I’ll second Kreeft & Tacelli.

peterkreeft.com/featured-writing.htm

peterkreeft.com/featured-writing_more.htm

An atheist must first come to understand and believe that there really is a divine being called God. Until they accept that to begin with, your religion means nothing to them whatsoever. I believe sharing with them a copy of the book by C.Lewis called “Mere Christianity” would be a great start. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.