Deja vu- Makes me very uncomfortable

Three years ago,Labor Day weekend,I went to school that Friday morning aware that Katrina was heading towards Florida. When I came home that afternoon,it was heading toward us.And really left its mark here!

We are barely recuperated from Katrina, and here we go again. Only this time is it really freaking me out.I usually do not think about age but today I feel old… I guess 67 may be old. :frowning: I just have never done this before by myself. I lost my husband to lung cancer a year and a half ago. I hardly ever drive on the highway anymore. How I miss my hubby!!! The thought of fighting this traffic is not how I had planned to spend Labor Day weekend.I am not sure what I am going to do.

Please say a prayer for all the people along the Gulf of Mexico who are watching Gustav heading this way.

Praline, I am so sorry for your loss of your husband and ask God to help and comfort you. I ask Him to help you through this new ordeal…to give you the courage and strength, and to protect you and all who are in the path of Gustav.
God bless you, dear.

Trishie

praline, my heart goes out to you.

you are not alone. the good Lord, Mary, all the Angels and Saints are with you. you also have us here on this forum.

God bless you and remember that you are far stronger than you give yourself credit.

i pray for every person that comes to this forum every night.

peace and love to you.

jen

:heaven:

Lord,
Please strengthen Praline and free her of her worries. Be with her and give her the fortitude to persevere with confidence in her faith as her shield against all that comes her way.

Please help all those who have endured natural disasters and all those who have lost loved ones because of them.

I pray also for all those who at risk with the coming of Gustav. Please help people to be prepared and, if it be Your will, let no destruction occur. Nonetheless, whatever happens…use everything that happens to build up Your Kingdom and help people come to You!

Amen, Amen!
+

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours, night prayer:

Psalm 30 (31)

Trustful prayer in time of adversity

O God, protect me; be my refuge.

In you, Lord, I put my trust: may I never be put to shame.
In your justice, set me free,
Turn your ear to me,
make haste to rescue me.
Be my rampart, my fortification;
keep me safe.

For you are my strength and my refuge:
you will lead me out to the pastures,
for your own name’s sake.
You will lead me out of the trap that they laid for me –
for you are my strength.

Into your hands I commend my spirit:
you have redeemed me, Lord God of truth.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

O God, protect me; be my refuge.

I am praying for you and your intention.

I pray, that the Good Lord gives you peace and inner strength. May your guardian angel be blessed by the Lord, so that he can help you always. You are not alone, your guardian angel is always there with you :angel1: You are always in great company!

***+JMJTJ+

You will be in my prayers for your strength, peace, and protection***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

:gopray:

prayers for you… have faith…

kate

Oh Praline(what a fantastic username!),

I am lifting you up in prayers.

God Bless!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of god, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen

[ATTACH]3906[/ATTACH]

Praying for you…:harp: :amen: :crossrc: :signofcross: :harp:

Prayers for you Praline and to for all the families out there who are experiencing the hurricane. :gopray2:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.