Delayed Vocation?

Went to seminary back in 1990, left in 1991, after one year, went to college got my teacher's certificate, been teaching since 2000 - and now feel a calling back to seminary? I have been on my own, done a few stupid things and here I am back again - thoughts?

[quote="Snowboundhermit, post:1, topic:232219"]
Went to seminary back in 1990, left in 1991, after one year, went to college got my teacher's certificate, been teaching since 2000 - and now feel a calling back to seminary? I have been on my own, done a few stupid things and here I am back again - thoughts?

[/quote]

Go for it. You may be wiser and more mature and know what you want to do in your life. Pray for guidance. I listened to Fr. John Corapi's conversion and calling to be priest...very inspiring.

Get a spiritual director.

Figure out (with your spiritual director) if you are called to the secular priesthood or to a community.

If to secular priesthood, contact your diocesen vocations director.

If to a religious community then (again with your spiritual director) work to figure out which one and contact their vocations director.

Part of this may well depend on just WHY you chose to leave seminary.

The Brother gave you good advice. Follow it!

As a side question, Anglicanism, and Lutheran Pastors coming over to Rome, some with whole congregations?
Opinions?

Think you should start a new thread about that. Also it might fit better in another forum like Liturgy & Sacraments as it is not really a vocations question.

Yes there are very specific reasons to why I left seminary 20 years ago and would love to discuss my story with someone to have an arbiter of sorts - The idea came back after I spoke with an old classmate from seminary who is now a vocations director for a nearby diocese. So the question of trying it again or not has been at the forefront of my mind for the last few weeks, then again perhaps this will pass like other things have and I should just wait it out and let it go away...
any live chat possible?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.