Deliver us from evil - documentary

I saw this documentary listed on Netflics and i read the summery of the film and i got to say that i got angry, angry to see someone cashing in on these tragic events in the Churches history and angry to know that theres nothing we can do to go back and fix things, angry to know that we have given anti-God anti-Catholic movement so much ammunition against us and God's one true Church on earth..... :mad:

Why can't we make documentaries on the true history of the western world and how the Church has always been there leading the way? I think we have more than enough talented Catholic film makers around the world to combat this anti-God and anti-Church wave, we don't need to wait for another Gibson film to keep God in the public square, i think we can start a movement but we have to do it together and back those who are making this happen with not only our prayers but financially.

any thoughts? :confused:

[quote="DChacon, post:1, topic:182571"]
I saw this documentary listed on Netflics and i read the summery of the film and i got to say that i got angry, angry to see someone cashing in on these tragic events in the Churches history and angry to know that theres nothing we can do to go back and fix things, angry to know that we have given anti-God anti-Catholic movement so much ammunition against us and God's one true Church on earth..... :mad:

[/quote]

I saw this documentary recently and I have to say that I was more angry at what Oliver O'Grady did to children (some under a year old) while no-one in authority did a single thing about it, than I was at the film-maker or the damage to the Church's reputation. But that's just me :shrug:

[quote="Yellow_Belle, post:2, topic:182571"]
I saw this documentary recently and I have to say that I was more angry at what Oliver O'Grady did to children (some under a year old) while no-one in authority did a single thing about it, than I was at the film-maker or the damage to the Church's reputation. But that's just me :shrug:

[/quote]

Well, of course, in the broad scheme of things. I think what the OP is getting at is that using those events to try to neutralize the Church's message is bigotry. The same things have happened in other churches and in public schools and you hardly hear a peep. The effort should be making as sure as possible that people like this are excluded from ministry in the first place if possible, and kicked out if they should get in.

what am wondering about is how do they filter these people out?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.