Delivering Myself From The Occult

Hi everyone. I have a past of being involved in the Occult. I was once involved in a satanic cult known as Wizardry. You’ve probably never heard of what I am talking about before as we kept it very secret. I am sure you have heard of Wizardry before but probably not the kind of Wizardry I was involved in. This Wizardry was modeled after the Dungeons and Dragons games and such. I received the titles of mage and druid with the alignment of chaotic neutral with the color red. Please do not laugh at me, this is all quite serious. In this cult, we practiced incense magic(k). We also practiced meditation by which we tried to access a secret “heavenly” library where we could learn more spells. I eventually got out of this but then went to Wicca where I tried a few spells but was mainly involved in incense magic(k) again. Anyway, I still find myself attracted to incense magic(k) and need to be delivered from it. I believe my past in the Occult has caused me to suffer a great deal in various ways. How can I get myself out of it? :shrug::confused:

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

The Key to Deliverance is devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Some information is in this thread: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=212914&page=2

The book True Devotion to Mary by St. Louis Mary de Montfort explains why the Immaculate Heart of Mary is KEY to the spiritual warfare fight. The book Secret of the Rosary even gives accounts of times when people have been delivered from oppression due to the Rosary and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and how the evil spirits will confess out of possessed people how they fear the Immaculate Heart of Mary more than anything else. Even wearing a Rosary is a protection.

*The following text of Father Gabriel Amorth, chief exorcist of the Vatican, is taken from the March-April, 2003 issue of "Echo of Mary, Queen of Peace."http://www.michaeljournal.org/rosarypower.htm *

Faith as Trust and Joy-Evangelium
The recent Apostolic Letter of John Paul II, “Rosarium Virginis Mariae” (released last October 16) encourages all Christians to turn back to the prayer strongly recommended both by the latest Pontiffs and recent Marian apparitions. Paul VI called the rosary a compendium of the Gospel. To make it more complete, John Paul II added the ‘mysteries of light’ to cover Jesus’ public life. Padre Pio called the Rosary beads a weapon of extraordinary power against Satan.

One day a colleague of mine heard the devil say during an exorcism: “Every Hail Mary is like a blow on my head. If Christians knew how powerful the Rosary was, it would be my end.” The secret that makes this prayer so effective is that the Rosary is both prayer and meditation. It is addressed to the Father, to the Blessed Vrigin, and to the Holy Trinity, and is a meditation centered on Christ.

Today more than ever, the world is in need of prayer and meditation. It is in need of prayer because people have forgotten God, and without God the world has put itself on the edge of a precipice. This is why in Her messages, Our Lady insists so much on prayer. Without God’s help, Satan wins. The world is also in need of meditation because if the great Christian truths are forgotten, souls become void. This void is grabbed up by the enemy, and he fills it with his lies. And today we see the results with widespread belief in superstitution and occultism.

The most obvious danger for our society today is the downfall of the family. The rhytmn of today’s world has broken the family unity. Little time is spent together, and even when the family is together, its members don’t speak because the television speaks. Where are the families which recite the Rosary together in the evenings? Pope Pius XII insisted in his own time: “If you pray the Rosary together, you will experience peace in your families; you will get on together.” “The family that prays together, stays together,” would say Father Petyton, the untiring apostle of the family Rosary. “Satan wants war,” Mary said one day in Medjugorje. Well, the Rosary is the weapon which is able to guarantee peace for the world, because it is a prayer and a form of meditation able to transform hearts and defeat the enemy.

An excerpt from True Devotion to Mary
**51. ** It is chiefly in reference to these last wicked persecutions of the devil, daily increasing until the advent of the reign of the anti-Christ, that we should understand that first and well-known prophecy and cuse of God uttered against the serpent in the garden of paradise. It is opportune to explain it here for the glory of the Blessed Virgin, the salvation of her children and the confusion of the devil. "I will place enmities between you and the woman, between your race and her race; She will crush your head and you will lie in wait for her heel."(Genesis 3:15)

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

Devoting oneself to the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary:
True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin montfort.org.uk/Writings/TrueDev.html
Secret of the Rosary montfort.org.uk/Writings/Rosary.html
**Preparation for 33 day consecration to the Blessed Virgin **saintlouisdemontfort.com/consecration.cfm
Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesusen.wikisource.org/wiki/Devotion_to_the_Sacred_Heart_of_Jesus#FIRST_POINT._.E2.80.94_The_ardent_desire_Jesus_Christ_feels_to_be_with_us.

You might want to try this short prayer anytime you are feeling pulled toward this “incense magic”, or anytime you are feeling tempted or attacked by some negative force.

By the power of the Holy Spirit in the name of Jesus I pray…I am saved by the blood of Christ Jesus who died on the cross for me. The same blood that has crushed your power and your strength, so begone Satan.

I’m not sure what I am supposed to do. Could you please briefly explain what I am supposed to do to deliver myself? :confused:

“O Glorious Prince of the heavenly host, St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in the battle and in the terrible warfare that we are waging against the principalities and powers, against the rulers of this world of darkness, against the evil spirits. Come to the aid of man, whom Almighty God created immortal, made in His own image and likeness, and redeemed at a great price from the tyranny of Satan.”

Every time you feel tempted pray this and three Hail Mary. Pray your rosary daily, it is the best weapon against the enemy.

saint-mike.org/

I would check out this sight and perhaps ask their assistance. They specialize in helping people that are recovering from involvement in the occult.

[quote=“Bro. Ignatius Mary, OLSM”]I am convinced that we must begin again to understand, as it was known in times past, that we are at war, a spiritual war, and thus we must act like it is war. We must act like soldiers in God’s army and fulfill our calling as apostles of the latter times.
[/quote]

You are in a spiritual war – if you realize it or not. Those temptations are the work of the enemy, and you need to deliver yourself from them.

Oh ok thank you. I have tried to pray the rosary daily before but it never seems to work out for me. Please pray that I would be able to pray the rosary daily.

I’d like to suggest asking yourself why you got involved with a cult. Cults are dangerous, whatever their ideology. There are plenty of religious cults, even some Christian cults. Cult leaders prey on a certain type of person, they look for folks that are confused and easily dominated, folks with low self esteem, etc. I’m concened that if you fit the profile you might just end up trading one cult for another. Please think about trying to find a support group of some kind. Try to build up a support base outside of this, or any other, cult. Perhaps you have codependency issues, there are support groups a plenty. Depression? Ditto. Please think this over and see what you can find.

If you have a problem forgetting to pray it, I would suggest wrapping it around your wrist at night. That is what I have been doing for my Rosary Novena. (Make sure you it is away from your body when you sleep. I rolled on my rosary and when I moved my arm in my sleep I broke it. )

It may seem extreme, but when you have a busy life, and a memory like mine, it is unfortunately necessary.

Then when you wake up put it in your pocket and close your wallet on it That way every time you go to take out your wallet to buy something you will feel it, and be reminded.

You could also put it around your neck (You are not supposed to wear a rosary as jewellery, but in this circumstance it would be permissible because you are doing it for a just reason.

From St. Padre Pio, * “The one who prays a lot saves himself. The one who prays little is in danger. The one who does not pray loses his soul.” *

I will try to pray a Most Holy Rosary for you tomorrow that you will say a Most Holy Rosary every day.

I will recommend to you another prayer that should be used in addition to not in place of the Most Holy Rosary, that is easier to say, and that gives you wonderous graces that will help you say the Most Holy Rosary. ewtn.com/Devotionals/mercy/dmmap.htm. It probably takes less than 10 minutes to say, and if you say it at 3p.m., that is an hour of great blessings, for that was the hour that the Sacred Heart of Jesus was crucified. “It was the third hour when they crucified him.”(Mark 15:25) Maybe every morning when you wake up, you can say, “For the sake of his sorrowful passion and through the intercession and mercy of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and mercy of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, please Jesus and Mary help me say my most Holy Rosary today.” Then go to daily Mass if you can, so that the Sacred Heart of Jesus can be your medicine through the Eucharist, and after the daily Mass try to adore the Blessed Sacrament and say your Rosary. You can even sit in adoration of God, as he gives you blessings just for sitting there because you are sitting with Jesus - just sitting there although the blessings are increased if you pray. This book explains that and tells you about his love for you:
en.wikisource.org/wiki/Devotion_to_the_Sacred_Heart_of_Jesus#FIRST_POINT._.E2.80.94_The_ardent_desire_Jesus_Christ_feels_to_be_with_us.

And also, I find it easier to say the Rosary if I also read the Bible in between the decades. I try to read selections from a different Gospel every day.

Maybe if I share some excerpts with you from The Secret of the Rosary it will help with your perseverance. Excerpt from the Twenty-Seventh Rose: Benefits "If by chance your conscience is burdened with sin, take your Rosary and say at least part of it, honoring some of the mysteries of the life, passion or glory of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and be sure that, while you are meditating upon these mysteries and honoring them He will show His sacred wounds to His Father in heaven. He will plead for you and will obtain for you contrition and the forgiveness of your sins.

One day Our Lord said to Blessed Alan: “If only these poor wretched sinners would say My Rosary, they would share in the merits of My passion and I would be their Advocate and would appease My Father’s justice.”

This life is nothing but warfare and a series of temptations; we do not have to contend with enemies of flesh and blood but with the very powers of hell. What better weapons could we possibly use to combat them than the Prayer which our great Captain taught us, and the Angelic Salutation (Hail Mary) which has chased away devils, destroyed sin, and renewed the world? What better weapon could we use than meditation on the life and passion of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? For, as Saint Peter says, it is with this thought we must arm ourselves in order to defend ourselves against the very same enemies which he conquered and which molest us every day.

**“Ever since the devil was crushed by the humility and passion of Jesus Christ he has been very nearly unable to attack a soul that is armed with meditation on the mysteries of Our Lord’s life, and, if he does trouble such a soul, he is sure to be shamefully defeated.”(Cardinal Hughes) **

“Put you on the armor of God.”**(Eph. 6:11)**So arm yourselves with the arms of God-with the Holy Rosary- and you will crush the devil’s head and you will stand firm in the face of all his temptations. This is why even the material rosary itself is such a terrible thing for the devil, and why the saints have used it enchain devils and to chase them out of the bodies of people who were possessed. Such happenings are reported in more than one authentic record.

Blessed Alan said that a man he knew of had desperately tried all kinds of devotions to rid himself of the evil spirit who possessed him, but without success. Finally, he thought of wearing his Rosary around his neck, which eased him considerably. He discovered that whenever he took it off the devil tormented him cruelly, so he resolved to wear it night and day. This drove the evil spirit away forever, because he could not bear such a terrible chain. Blessed Alan also testified that he had delivered a large number of people who were possessed by putting the Rosary around their necks.

Holly, rejoice that you are realizing the source of your problems and are seeking deliverance!! God must be working in you for you to have the desire to say the Most Holy Rosary daily and to deliver yourself but he must not be finished yet!! Prayer and fasting will help!!

Father Jean Amat, of the Order of St. Dominic, was giving a series of Lenten sermons in the Kingdom of Aragon one year, when a young girl was brought to him who was possessed by the devil. After he had exorcised her several times without success he put his rosary around her neck. Hardly had he done so than the girl began to scream and yell in a fearful way, shrieking: “Take them off! Take them off! These beads are torturing me!” At last the Father, filled with pity for the girl, took his rosary off her.

The very next night when Father Amat was in bed, the same devils who had possession of the girl came to him foaming with rage and tried to seize him. But he had his rosary clasped in his hand and no efforts of theirs could wrench it from him. He managed to beat them with it very well indeed and chased them away, crying out: “Holy Mary, Our Lady of the Holy Rosary, come to my help!”

The next day when he went to the Church he met the poor girl–still possessed-- and one of the devils within her started to laugh and said in a mocking voice: “Well, Brother, if you had been without your rosary, we should have made short shrift of you!” Then the good Father threw his rosary around the girl’s neck without more ado and said: “By the sacred name of Jesus and that of Mary His Holy Mother, and by the power of the Most Holy Rosary, I command you, evil spirits, to leave the body of this girl,” and they were immediately forced to obey and she was delivered from them.

These stories show the power of the Holy Rosary in overcoming all possible temptations that evil spirits may bring–and also all kinds of sin–because these blessed beads put devils to rout.

Jesus, I trust in you!!! May Holly and all who grace this thread be glories to the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary!! May we say the Most Holy Rosary every day and be blessed with gifts overflowing of the Holy Spirit through the Immaculate Heart of Mary!! May your will be done in our lives!! Jesus, I trust in you!!!

Instructions on How to Devote oneself to the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary:
True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin montfort.org.uk/Writings/TrueDev.html (a perfect and most complete consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, to the best of my knowledge Pope John Paul II did it himself)
Secret of the Rosary montfort.org.uk/Writings/Rosary.html (explaining SECRETS of the Rosary that few know by the same author of True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin
**Preparation for 33 day consecration to the Blessed Virgin **saintlouisdemontfort.com/consecration.cfm
Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesusen.wikisource.org/wiki/Devotion_to_the_Sacred_Heart_of_Jesus#FIRST_POINT._.E2.80.94_The_ardent_desire_Jesus_Christ_feels_to_be_with_us. (on the ardent, inflamed, passionate, unrequited, excessive love of Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ and the adoration of the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ in the Blessed Sacrament)

Besides doing what the others suggested, I suggest GETTING BAPTIZED ASAP.
Well, you are definalty (sp.) on the right path by posting here on CAF.
Continue to pray, espically to St. Michael the Archangel. He will protect you when you feel the magic(k) calling you back.
Also, if you ever have doubts, watch this video in its entirety (sp.):
youtube.com/watch?v=C0xLkI4FPBk&feature=related

When you’re watching, remember that Jesus went throught this torture so that YOU may live, so that YOU may have eterbal life. :thumbsup:

Also, if you feel pulled remeber this:
God created you, and because of that He is deserving of all your praise, not D&D memoribilia.
They are pieces of plastic and wood, and have no meaning.
God is the real deal, not a board game.
The devil wants you to join him in rebelion to God. Do not listen. He’s mad at God and wants you to be too.
What has God done that you have to be mad at Him for? God is all good, He can’t do anything wrong.
He is deserving of ALL your praise.
Remeber that.

Sorry to sound harsh. I kind of meant it to be, but please, don’t take it the wrong way. I’m trying to help.

Also, spend some time in front of a crucifx and think of Jesus’ sacrfice for you. Hopefully this will help.

Again, don’t take offense. I’m trying to help, not enrage you.

Holly, I understand. There are some things you can do as you go through this process. 1- Receive Confession, 2- Daily Communion, 3- Pray (St. Michael the Archangel, Defend Us in Battle), the Rosary, the Divine Mercy Chaplet, the Memorare. 4- List all past sins and repeatedly repent (out loud) and bring down the Blood of Christ over those sins. Specifically pray for the bondage to be broken over each individual sin. 5- Keep blessed items in your home. Holy water, a St. Benedict medal.

For both the Rosary and the Divine Mercy chaplet, if you go to this website, you can download a program that will pop up everyday on your computer. I like this program because there is scripture with each mystery to meditate on.

virtualrosary.org/

Hello. I have already been baptized. I was baptized about 4 1/2 years ago and confirmed about 3 1/2 years ago. :slight_smile:

:thumbsup: I like it. I have a You Tube video for you, too!

youtube.com/watch?v=dlpG0NqkL5o

Find a priest who is deeply spiritual, and very faithful to what the Church teaches. Go to him for confession, and tell him about your past involvement. Pray that God will lead you to such a priest.

Thank you. I have done this already in the past. I sometimes need to confess to practicing incense magic(k) again though as I sometimes fall and practice it again. :blush::frowning:

Hi,my husband has an answer for you
hi, I was caught in spiritualism for 8 yrs and out of it for 8 yrs so I have some idea of what you are dealing with (I’m a catholic now)
It ain’t easy, start praying to God and ask St Micheal for help and protection (He’s helped me immensely)
Go to Mass, I know this sounds like an ad but it works. Ask Chistian people you trust to pray with you prayer with others is prayer multiplied and Jesus is sure to be there. Don’t give up !!!
We’re praying for you too.
Mark.

Thank you very much for your post Mark. At this time, I cannot go to daily Mass but I will be moving within the next 6 months hopefully so I will then be able to attend Mass much more frequently. Thank you for your prayers. :slight_smile:

Keep going to confession as often as you need to. Receive holy Communion as often as you can. Pray and fast. Sprinkle holy water everywhere in your home. Keep speaking to the priest(s). Don’t try to go up against Satan all by yourself. Ask Jesus to protect you against Satan. Jesus is infinitely more powerful than Satan or any of the occult. Receive Him often in holy Communion and the enemy will go elsewhere, far away from you.:thumbsup:

Pax et Bonum

In my haste and concern I added a little to this prayer. I should tell you the prayer the way my father told me. Anyway, it goes…We are saved by the blood of Christ. The same blood that has crushed your power and your strength, so begone Satan.

I used to say this prayer a lot when I was feeling tempted.

Thank you for creating this thread. I am fairly new to this site, and I have learned a lot from some of the replies. I like the prayer…Come Holy Spirit. Come by means of the powerful intercession of the Imaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse…I put that one to memory and have been saying it a lot.

God bless you.

God bless you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.