Dem. Rep. Bennie Thompson blasts Clarence Thomas as "Uncle Tom"

Mississippi Rep. Bennie Thompson doubled down on racial remarks he made over the weekend, in which he called conservative Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas an “Uncle Tom” for standing against affirmative action, CNN reported.

When asked by reporter Dana Bash to clarify his comments, the Democrat said the Supreme Court has been “adverse” to the black community. Miss Bash pointed out that the term “Uncle Tom” could be viewed as racist and would not be appropriate if used by a white person.

“But I’m black,” Mr. Thompson responded.

Read more: washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/30/democratic-rep-bennie-thompson-blasts-clarence-tho/#ixzz30Q1K7ifs
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Sad. My cousin is a small town lawyer and lifelong Democrat, but he was impressed by how nice Justice Thomas was when he had the opportunity to meet him years ago at a Holy Cross event. Not only is my cousin not conservative, but he’s also not rich, not powerful, and not influential by any definition, yet Justice Thomas invited him for a tour of the Supreme Court if he ever came to D.C. My cousin took him up on that, and Justice Thomas made good on the offer. :slight_smile:

Wow, that is wonderful! He has always seemed like a genuinely nice man.

I got to shake his hand at the sign of peace at early morning Mass at St Joseph’s on Capitol Hill.I am always comforted that a Supreme Court Justice starts his day of with Mass

If Sterling can lose his team for racist comments, then shouldn’t Dem Bennie Thompson be forced out as well?

Only whites can be racist

Correction, only Conservatives can be racist. The Sterling thread is proof of that.

I am not from Mississippi, so I am not familiar with Representative Thomson. I am wondering if he is really this obtuse as to think his race is any sort of answer to him making a racist comment.

I found a page with some of his quotes, including this one:

“We must maximize our efforts to counter violent extremism, radicalization and recruitment in the United States and stop using xenophobia and ethnic stereotyping.”

brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/b/bennie_thompson.html

I guess he is like the Sheila Jackson Lee of Mississippi. :shrug:

:shamrock2: That’s Lucky :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

And super-:cool:

Yes. The double standard rears its ugly head once again. The democrats are so fast to point their finger to whites or conservatives, but they don’t have to abide by the same rules. I am so weary of these race games. Justice Thomas seems like a very decent man and I will never forget how he was humiliated by joe biden and others for his seat on the supreme court.

What a foul thing for the Congressman to say.

What should be an appropriate punishment for the Congressman?

He should be fined $2.5 million and be banned for life from Congress.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Meanwhile further north:

MADISON, Wis. — Democratic candidate for governor Brett Hulsey plans to hand
out white Ku Klux Klan hoods to Wisconsin Republicans to highlight what he says are their racist policies.
startribune.com/politics/national/257568231.html

Spare me!!! I am so sick of these politicians and their sneaky games they play! I hope it backfires on him.

Bennie Thompson should step down as those statements are more racist than what Sterling said as long as we are not having double-standards.

Don’t look too far and hard. He is that and more.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.