Democratic Catholics deceived?

catholicnewsagency.com/news/pennsylvania-insurance-dept.-evades-questions-on-federal-abortion-coverage/

“President Obama in March signed an executive order meant to ensure that federal dollars are separated from elective abortions. The promise of that order had helped win elusive support from anti-abortion Democrats for the health care overhaul.”

Do any of the Catholic Democrats who have supported Obama feel deceived by Obama’s broken promise that there would not be any federally funded abortions

We were deceived a long time ago. I’m over politics and politicians. They’re all the same in my opinion.

**Jesus taught us about politicians like Pilate & those we see today;

"Pilate asked him, “What is truth?” After he had said this, he went out to the Jews again and told them, "I find no case against him. (JN 18:38)**

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

Deceived? Well, there was certainly deceit involved. The healthcare act will fund elective abortion. That’s been the intention all along, and an executive order cannot change that.

Of course, if so many Catholics put more faith in the Church and her shepherds than in politicians…

– Mark L. Chance.

I agree with Pope when he said “We need more Catholic Politicians”. WE have much more control over this than you think. And I honestly believe the next elections will bring about a turn of events. “IF” we could just get there.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.