Democrats bully non-voters: we know who you are

nypost.com/2014/10/30/democrats-threaten-voters-to-get-to-the-polls/

I cannot imagine how anyone would think this is acceptable behavior.

Hmmm… wonder if this has anything to do with it:

www3.blogs.rollcall.com/rothenblog/obama-poised-to-set-new-midterm-loss-record/

President Barack Obama is about to do what no president has done in the past 50 years: Have two horrible, terrible, awful midterm elections in a row.

In fact, Obama is likely to have the worst midterm numbers of any two-term president going back to Democrat Harry S. Truman.

Sounds like the Democrats are getting desperate.

“Bullying” is a bit of a strong word.

I’ve gotten postcards like this in previous elections. Not only did it list me and my wife and whether or not we voted in the previous several elections, but it also listed my neighbors (on both sides and across the street) and whether or not they voted. Of course, it had mine and my wife’s info wrong. It said we did not vote in 2004 when in fact we had. We simply had not been in our present locale at that time and so had voted in another district.

It is somewhat disconcerting to receive such a thing, and I agree that it’s more or less an appeal to guilt to encourage voting. But the fact is, it is public record as to whether or not you vote in a given election. So it’s hard to argue about whether or not they can do such a thing. They can and apparently do.

Read this about the Ex-CBS reporter:

nypost.com/2014/10/25/former-cbs-reporter-explains-how-the-liberal-media-protects-obama/

The Dems are really power hungry and are ruthless right now.

The tone of the postcard/letter (assuming that the NY Post is being entirely fair about it…), is pretty unacceptable.

BUT on the other hand it IS a matter of public record IF one votes or not, and moreover voting - I think - is something of a civic duty (if one doesn’t vote, one forfeits the right to complain about one’s elected representatives). No matter whom one votes for - one ought to vote.

The tone is outrageous, but the underlying message - “PLEASE VOTE on Tuesday (and if you don’t, why not?)” - is quite right.

Given that the United States is a country partly founded on (if not by modern standards!) democratic principles, it would seem an act of high patriotism to cast a vote. (I do understand the ‘every option is a bad option’ dilemma, though, because I find that too).

ai would be most upset to receive a letter like this–but how many people will be angered by something like this and vote for a party that didn’t do it? I sure would!

This flier is part of the nationwide Democratic response to traditional Republican voter-suppression efforts, because Democrats believe our democracy works better when more people vote, not less,” said Peter Kauffmann, a committee spokesman.

“The difference between Democrats and Republicans is they don’t want people to vote and we want everyone to vote.”
How many letters like this are sent to Republican-dominated zip codes, I wonder?

My zip code is generally Democrat in most things, but evenly split on some of the more major elections. I never paid attention to who sent me my postcard years ago.

Ahhh yes, the NY Post, bastion of serious, unsensationalized news reporting.

Both sides are out of hand. What we need is term limits, limited campaigning periods (so they actual DO their jobs), and the overturn of Citizens United.

We already have term limits-as many Democrats are going to find out next Tuesday.

:rotfl:

Remember people: if you have a Republican who is pro choice going against a pro life democrat (which usually only happens in rural areas and state level elections), then you got to vote pro-life.

I am shocked! :eek: Why would anyone actually read political junk mail? I quit reading that garbage years ago.

:rotfl:

And if you have a Democrat who is pro-choice going against a pro-life Republican (which happens frequently in more urban and national elections), then you’ve got to vote pro-life!

You also should vote for the Angel Gabriel if he is on the ballot which is just about as likely as the scenario you mention above.

How about government-loving idealists who think they can break any rule (including their own) to win and get on easy street?

Really? What if the republican wants to “HELP THE POOR”? :rolleyes:

We need to vote for candidates on the ballot who will do the least amount of damage in most if not all cases. :yup: That means none of this “optmius prime/mickey mouse” write-in hogwash or voting Third Party with the secret, selfish agenda of getting someone off your back or knowing you’ll be left by the party likely to benefit.

And I think that is pretty absolute.

Don’t forget about factoring in marriage and human cloning into the decision as well. Religious freedom is important too from what I gather. :shrug:

If this comment references the angry DNC elite, when aren’t they?

Just look at what they are doing to the Catholic Church.

Can’t even give them points for consistency because Islam gets free passes.

The New York Post IMO is not a very credible source; case in point, the Post headline is very misleading; it implies that violence will occur if they do not vote. Upon reading the article one finds out that the democratic party will only “be interested” to see why their membership did not vote. It’s nothing more then the Post putting their spin on it to try and shake up democrats in a state which is solidly democrat.

The American mainstream media is pulling any and all stops to save the necks of vulnerable democrats in the Senate. They are using everything from this to identity politics (the race and gender card).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.