Democrats Claim Trump Will Do Just What They’ve Been Doing Since 2016 — Reject Election Results

"The Babylon Bee joke article was perfect because liberals claim Trump is planning to do just what they’ve been doing since Nov. 7, 2016"

The psychologic projection from the national leftists is stark.

What you consider a “Babylon Bee” scenario, now has just morphed into reality with the leftists there, the projection gets even more easy to discern.

(Article also includes a nice summation of Hillary’s excuse-making.)

CURL: Democrats Claim Trump Will Do Just What They’ve Been Doing Since 2016 — Reject Election Results

By Joseph Curl

Jul 29, 2020 DailyWire.com

JEWEL SAMAD/AFP via Getty Images

The Babylon Bee headline was perfect.

“’Trump Might Not Accept The Results Of The 2020 Election,’ Says Movement That Still Hasn’t Accepted Results Of 2016 Election.”

“Leftists are warning that President Donald Trump might not accept the results of the 2020 election,” the satirical website wrote. “These same leftists have spent the last four years declaring that Trump is not their president, that Hillary Clinton actually won because she won the popular vote, and that Trump only won because of Russian interference.”

As the old saying goes, it’s funny because it’s true.

Really true.

After Clinton’s humiliating loss in 2016 (she got crushed in the Electoral College vote, 304-227), the Democratic nominee went on an international tour to explain what happened.

For months — which turned into years — she blamed FBI Director James Comey, Russia, computer bots, WikiLeaks, Bernie Sanders, Facebook, Joe Biden, fake news, Twitter, voter ID laws, the vast right-wing conspiracy, sexism, Barack Obama, ageism, child sex pervert Anthony Weiner, white women, xenophobia, black people, the Electoral College, the Democratic National Committee, misogyny, women cowed by their husbands, and even former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (we never could figure out a former mayor of New York City caused Clinton to lose Wisconsin and Pennsylvania and Michigan and Florida and … you get the point).

Now the new talking point is that Trump won’t leave the White House if he loses on Nov. 3 — and Hillary’s pushing it. . . .

. . . The Babylon Bee joke article was perfect because liberals claim Trump is planning to do just what they’ve been doing since Nov. 7, 2016 — ignore the outcome of the election and claim victory. And while it’s funny, it’s also sad — and scary. But it illustrates just how much Democrats fear Trump, and they’re already setting up the conspiracy theory . . .

5 Likes

If Democrats really rejected the 2016 election results] then, Obama would still be in the Oval Office. There’s a difference between an unhappy response to an election vs. an unconstitutional response to an election, which is what Trump is contemplating. (By the way, Hillary did win the popular vote by nearly 3 million, but that did not make her president.)

3 Likes

RC67 . . .

If Democrats really rejected the 2016 election results] then, Obama would still be in the Oval Office.

I disagree.

That would have left Democrats with a bloody internecine food fight over Hillary vrs. Obama.
Not to mention the Bernie Bros feeling “the Burn” (or “the Bern”).

They rejected it alright. They still do.

Ask the people even here on CAF who identify as Democrats to say they affirm the election and see President Trump as their President. (Maybe you will be right as far as THEY are concerned.)

Exactly how do you know as a fact that this is what Trump is contemplating?:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

It’s amazing what passes for World News these days on CAF.

Muted.

6 Likes

ProVobis . . .

It’s amazing what passes for World News these days on CAF.

I disagree.

I think those are very extreme unfounded charges by the left against the President, while ignoring their own hypocrisy.

2 Likes

That statement is just false. If the Democrats had rejected the results of the election we would have had tanks on Pennsylvania Avenue assuring that the Trumps could move into the White House.

Why must criticism or even opposition to Trump be considered rejecting the voice of the people? Trump’s recent statement on rejection (another teaser which he makes to get on folks’ nerves) is a far different animal.

I think the article is far off in its suppositions.

2 Likes

In the end the Dems have jumped the shark with all their tactics to oust Trump and regain full tyrannical co trol of our country.I cannot fathom any American regardless of their leanings putting up with this garbage. It’s beyond concerning.I for one will be praying a rosary everyday for out Nation and that it remain a sovereign nation and all that then encompasses’:pray::pray::pray:

4 Likes

I disagree Nepperhan.
But I am glad to hear you affirm President Trump as out rightly elected President.
I do too.

I still think the leftists reject this though. (My conclusion from watching their actions. At least the national leftists.)

2 Likes

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2125300/posts

Yep, let’s talk about hypocrisy, the internet is full of anti “Obama is not my President” sites. This is just typical how certain posters here on CAF drag up every little piece of political dirt they can find because it doesn’t fit their own politics. I didn’t vote Obama, and am not a Democrat, I did vote Trump, and neither do I waste my time soaking up right wing/left wing political garbage.

1 Like

No, this is utterly and totally untrue.

Trump is indeed President. Democrats don’t dispute that. They point out that the majority of voters didn’t want him, but that’s as far as it goes.

What anti-Trump citizens DO say, and have been saying from the day Trump had Sean Spicer lie about the size of Trump’s inaugural crowd, is that Trump is wholly unqualified to be President.

Why don’t Trump supporters see that?

2 Likes

Because as unqualified as he is he’s still better than any alternative that’s been presented for the issues that are important to his supporters.

3 Likes

So they can get the dictatorship they’re secretly yearning for.

Well, he can remember, “person, man, woman, camera, tv”.

It’s weird and surreal that this is not more alarming to everyone.

He’s bragging that he scored well on a dementia screening.

That it was a very hard test.

2 Likes

And the doctors were shocked he did so well, according to him.

The logical conclusion is that the doctors think he has dementia and were shocked he was able to compete the test. Either way, not something to brag about.

2 Likes

If you uncle bragged about it at Thanksgiving, ok that’s one thing. But the president? :flushed:

My mom used to take that test periodically. She used to get mixed up on drawing the clock.

That part she could do pretty consistently.

I remember when she couldn’t identify a dog on TV. That was probably the last semi coherent day I had with her.

Dog was “small animal”. When I asked what kind of small animal, she replied a white one.

At the end my mom had Alzheimers and cancer.

My dad was a saint taking care of her. After she passed he built a life alone and was happy, although there was that undercurrent of missing her.

Don’t know why I shared that.

4 Likes

But thank you for sharing it. One of the million hidden stories of our lives that inspire!

3 Likes

For that to happen, both Congress and the Supreme Court would have to be in on it. Not to mention several Governors.

Basically, you’ll have to indict both parties for your scenario to work.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.