Democrats Seek to Lift Ban on Abortions at U.S. Military Hospitals Abroad

Democrats are looking to repeal a longtime ban of abortions performed at U.S. military hospitals overseas.

Sen. Roland Burris, D-Ill., introduced the repeal as an amendment to the defense authorization bill, which passed the Senate Armed Services Committee on a 15-12 vote.

The amendment still has a long way to go. It threatens policy put in place by congressional Republicans during the Clinton administration that restricted abortions at military hospitals to only cases of rape, incest or if the woman’s life is threatened.

Rep. Chris Smith, R-N.J., says military facilities, including all hospitals, should be places of healing and should protect life.

“We will stand firm and I welcome the fight…if they want to bring it. I do believe that there will be an overwhelming vote to keep our military hospitals as nurturing centers not abortion mills,” Smith said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/09/democrats-seek-lift-ban-abortions-military-hospitals-abroad/

“As bad as the economy is, as bad as the war is, the destruction of innocent human life, especially in the womb, is a greater evil, and correction of this grave evil must take place. Each of us has a role in making this correction in our duties as citizens.”
~ Bishop Samuel J. Aquila, Has America Lost Its Way?, October 24, 2008 ~

“By abortion the Mother does not learn to love, but kills her own child to solve her problems. And, by abortion, that father is told that he does not have to take any responsibilty at all for the child he has brought into the world. The father is likely to put other women to the same trouble. So abortion leads to more abortion.” Mother Teresa

It’s you’re party affiliation. Not mine.

One would expect nothing less from the party of abortion. Why would any Catholic vote for a Democrat?

Ishii

[quote="ishii, post:2, topic:201428"]
One would expect nothing less from the party of abortion. Why would any Catholic vote for a Democrat?

Ishii

[/quote]

They can't see past their own ego I reckon. You're not part of the clique if you're not Democrat, you can't have a higher IQ and understanding of the issues unless you're Democrat. All that seems to be more important to someone who ignores the evil within their own affiliations.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.