demodex

Please pray for me as I stopped washing regularly 25 years ago after going to a state hospital where somebody told me I was too clean. I didn’t have good hygiene habits as a child and lost the habits I had learned after that. I have no eyelashes. I have recently divorced and do not plan to remarry, but I despair when I look in the mirror and see my eyes. Fortunately I do not do this much. I feel old and ugly and depraved sometimes. Other times I ride on the wings of Prince Raphael and attend the Lord’s voice. I am so worried about my appearance as I fear it hurts my son. I have an underlying disability since early childhood that was never understood, I have finally worked it out with the help of God who I know mostly through listening to Catholic music and through a dear friend who was my Project Rachel counselor. I trust in the Lord to keep me steady but I do worry about the damage from demodex. (Demodex is an infestation of the eyelashes found in people who don’t wash. I don’t think anything can be done to improve my condition in this late stage. And my eyes get sore.)

Ofcourse,you are significantly depressed and need far more serious help than you can get on a blog. However, demodex is an aggressive parasite that can be treated well with steroid cream and a wash of diluted tea tree oil. You can get significant relief. Look after yourself more and you will feel better of yourself. All the best.

Thank you I’ll ask my doctor.:slight_smile:

Praying for you…

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blest is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :bible1:

I am so sorry you are struggling so much. You have my prayers. Seems like you’ve received
some good advice on the forum with your demodex situation and the need for continued professional help. I hope things will improve for you.
Mary.

Lord, please touch this soul with your divine, healing hand, remedying all afflictions physical and spiritual. With angelic guidance, lead tenderlynew toward the heavenly garden through all sufferings and joys in union with your Passion. Grant this soul a foretaste of the heavenly light here in this darkened pilgrimage. Have mercy, Lord. Our Lady, angels, and saints, pray with us. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Holy Mary most pure, pray for us.

Saint Joseph, chaste spouse of Mary, pray for us.

Saint Maria Goretti, lily of purity, pray for us.

Saint Thomas Aquinas, girded by angels, pray for us.

Saint Agnes of Rome, steadfast in purity, pray for us.

Saint Augustine of Hippo, convert from impurity, pray for us.

Saint Padre Pio, Stigmatic and Mystic of the Church, pray for us.

Amen

Praying for you.

Indeed, Mary, what you say is true. This disorder (the mites) occurs as the result of a large infestation on the skin, combined with a weakened immune system. Working with health-care providers on strengthening her body, mind and soul can and will defeat this condition.

There is nothing to be ashamed of, dear. Here is a link to more information.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demodex

I will join the other posters in prayer for this worthy cause.

Thank you so much. I have felt so ashamed. I have a new doctor, I have just relocated, and I trust that she will handle this matter sensitively. Still waiting on thyroid testing to figure out the hot flashes, a number of possible causes, but she has already cleared up a bodily infestation that had me so horribly paranoid, after doctor after doctor passed the buck. And, somewhat miraculously, has provided a new medication for GI disorders related to motility (childhood injury+complications), which have had me immobilized for q10 full years. I blogged embarrassingly about these problems, I felt. But the new medication, has my name as part of its name so I’am wondering…did somebody hear me?

Also she readily provided me with an anti-depressant for sleep when my then-current psychiatrist was unresponsive, which was another problem associated with the GI disorder.

So God bless you all and also bless this caring and kind woman; I will give her a break and then consult her about the mites; your kind advice, thoughts, and prayers HAVE helped me to get over my long-silent pain and embarrassment over this particular issue, I realize it is the same as any other medical issue.

THANKS!
AMEN

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

Amen

:crossrc:

Absolutely, do not be ashamed. As a nurse more people than you would imagine and some you would never guess have been plagued by this. Continue with your doctor it will take some persistence but you should get relief. God Bless.

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Domine Iesu, dimitte nobis debita nostra, salva nos ab igne inferiori, perduc in caelum omnes animas, praesertim eas, quae misericordiae tuae maxime indigent. Amen.

:crossrc:

Prayers said.

also for my sensitivity to heat, as I have realized (when the heat came on here and I became very ill for two days as it was HOT) it is key in my problem with showering, the heat of the water is so overwhelming I just can’t stand it, it’s a long story, battles with my ex-husband, heat on in So Fla in the summertime… but mostly it goes back to his turning the A/C up to 85 when I was taking lithium, on his orders to the doctors, which never worked for me, now I have thyroid and BP problems from the lithium plus a damaged internal thermostat. The lithium makes you sensitive to heat. And then he became ill, after a severe head injury, much later, and was turning the HEAT on when it was 80 outside, and my doctor is slowly clearing up this mess, but I HAVE scheduled an appointment for the demodex and WILL go for the thyroid testing she requested when I mentioned the heat sensitivity. I want so badly to be CLEAN.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women
And Blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.