Demonic nightmares

I am not Catholic i dont follow the Catholic religion. I follow more of the Lutheran and Baptist religion but i am wondering if anyone knows a priest that i can speak with about my demonic nightmares. I asked other preists about my demonic nightmares and non other them can give me a reason for it. I have gotten over most of my fear of demons. I know many Christians dont and then some believe in the paranormal. I have seen things and I was tormented by it for 2 years nightmares, waking up with sweating at a room temperature of 55 F, sleep walking, screaming in my sleep, having dreams inside of a dream, bruises, and scratches (always in a pair of 3’s). In my nightmares god or jesus comes to me as a huge bright light he always gives me a sword and a shield. In one my dreams i fought Lucifer and I woke up and he was right in front of my face and all I did was blink and he was gone. I was pacing back and forth and praying for about 2 hours. That scared me alot. So does anyone of a priest i can speak with end these nightmares?

What did the priest(s) say to you?

1 Preist said told me that dreams are are only from the sub conscious mind. And another preist told me that dreams are nothing that cant harm me or anyone. So… That doesnt help

dreams are just dreams, they are our subconscious
they don’t mean anything about the devil

Pope Francis says don’t dialogue with the devil. Just say BEGONE satan, and ask Jesus for help

and pray

I would suggest you seek the advice of a Medical professional on your nightmare and sleep issue.

Yes i am already taking medication to help with sleep and no it wasnt pope Francis it was this father preist from a Christian radio talk show.

Ray,

firstly, go back to your medical professional and explain the nightmares you are having and your impression you are having dreams within dreams.
Your medication may need a review.

Pope Francis said

Do Not Dialogue with the devil. No Conversations with the devil. Pope Francis taught us to say BEGONE satan. and pray to Jesus.

its simple. Do not give the devil any of your time. Just shut it out.

are you saying here that you phoned into a Christian radio talk show?

Yes well tried chat grouped.

Wait dreams are only dreams? Reference Daniel 1:17 of the bible i am confused.

you are very confused. Firstly, we don’t orphan Scripture passages and use them to prove or not prove points.

You would have to look at that passage in context, what is it about.

You are saying a priest in a chat group told you dreams are just dreams. Firstly how do you know this person is a priest, and secondly, dreams are just dreams. they are our subconcious working things out

I feel though, that your medication may need a review. Because sleeping medication should not lead to nightmares.

Very true the internet has so many false things. But I’ve these nightmares way before having sleeping medication. Just saying. These nightmares started when i was 5 or 6 years old. I am going to be 25 years old this year in dec.

I just started taking sleeping medication this year in jan.

Do you see a mental health professional

Yes i see a therapist and I have my primary care doctor

Please,see them for a review. Your medication may need a tweak so you can enjoy peaceful sleep. It’s so debilitating to have little or interrupted sleep.

My prayers are with you

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.