Demons?

I’m sitting in my room, typing, when suddenly the box with my VCR moved by itself. It sits by an electric whatchacallit, where you plug cords in, so it could have something to do with that. But could it be demons?

Last night, an electric candle in my room… fell off its stand TWICE (both times, it scared the tar outta me).

But I don’t attribute it to anything more than vibrations from the street, outside. Lots of traffic out there.

Maybe your VCR was kind of sitting on the edge already… and a vibration from something caused it to move?

God bless.

Nah, it was flat on the ground. It could have been vibrations from outside, I guess. Nonetheless, I’m not worrying about it anymore; I used some holy water, I prayed, and I put my trust in God - all by the grace of God, of course. Thank you for your reply. :slight_smile:

It would seem a rather pathetic demon whose diabolical demonstration was confined to disturbing a bit of outdated electronics.

Paul

In deliverance ministry we try to rule out all natural explanations before attributing a strange event to demons. Regardless of whether or not a demon was involved, you handled the situation very well. :thumbsup:

Having a demon do something like move a box around seems ridiculous but their goal is to disturb us, not our stuff. They’d like to cause us to fear and lose our peace. At the SPCDC we refer to these kinds of demons as “mosquito demons” - ones who do annoying little things that either create fear or cause discord and irritation among members of a household. The best way to handle them is just as you did - with prayer, trust in God’s protection, and Holy Water if you have it on hand.

Here’s what NOT to do: 1. Rebuke or command the spirit directly yourself. Instead, pray asking God to do the rebuking or commanding. 2. Do or say things to provoke it. Things like “bring it” and “it’s go time” - bad idea. And don’t be like me and make the mistake of saying a Hail Mary (a good idea) and then following it up with, “take that, demon!” (NOT a good idea). We might call them “mosquito demons” but they still bite. I paid for that little comment for the rest of that day.

Eucharisted, if you have any more problems, PM me and I’ll send you a link to a pdf of a house blessing we recommend.

I was watching the Passion of Christ this past Lent, right before coming into the Church. Well…the worst part for me is always when Mary is watching Jesus carrying the cross and he turns into a little boy, he falls and she goes to help him…I really, really get all :crying: :crying: :crying: …

The coffee grinder in the kitchen started grinding on its own. ! :eek: Scared me to death! It has never done that before and never has since…yep, little demons trying to scare us… like it wanted my attention…how mean!

Oh, and they love to hide keys…beware!

Hi D -

Interesting you mention the Passion of the Christ. The man who did the musical score talks about some attacks he received while working on the film:

Debney said that the battle he felt with Satan as he wrote the music became “really personal between us.” He went on to say, "I had all these computers and synthesizers in my studio and the hard drives would go down and the digital picture that lives on the computer with the music would just freeze on his [Satan’s] face. Then the volume would go to ten and it would happen all the time.

Of course what he did next is a perfect example of what NOT to do (bolding is mine). He’s lucky he wasn’t harmed. His guardian angel must’ve had to work overtime and bring in reinforcements when he did this:

"There was one day when I had been on the movie for about four months when it really became bad that day and a lot of things that were causing doubt in me and I had had enough. The computers froze for about the tenth time that day and it was about nine o’clock at night and so I got really mad and I told Satan to manifest himself and I said, ‘Let’s go out into the parking lot and let’s go.’ It was a seed change in me. I knew that this was war. I am not a physical person, but I was really angry on this occasion.

“I am up on the second floor and on the bottom floor of my building there are therapists and they see patients until midnight and their windows are right at the parking lot and I was coming down the stairs and I had had it. I had booted everything down and saved it and I was walking down the stairs and I was verbalizing and saying to Satan, ‘Manifest yourself right now.’ As I am walking out and saying, ‘Come on, let’s go now,’ I looked over and I could see someone looking at me and I realized how silly I must have looked.” He didn’t manifest himself, but I wished he would have. It changed for me after that."

Source: A Passion for Music, A Battle with Satan

:bigyikes:

He should be grateful he avoided any sort of “manifestation.”

yeah…:frighten: whoa… I think I’ll read your link in the daytime…I’m working tonight and don’t need any boogies bothering me…:stuck_out_tongue:

That is interesting…

heh, heh…this is why we have St. Anthony and his unique gift of helping us find lost things!

I tell ya, anytime I’ve lost something I’ve prayed to St. Anthony and within minutes I find it.

Simon

*'I was walking down the stairs and I was verbalizing and saying to Satan, ‘Manifest yourself right now.’ As I am walking out and saying, ‘Come on, let’s go now,’ *

YOW! What was this man thinking!?!?!?! :bigyikes:

Kids, definitely do not try this at home!

Thank you, guardian angels, for all the times you intercede for us in the midst of our stupidity. Thank you, Lord, for giving us such helpers!

God bless and Happy Thanksgiving,
Dan

closed #11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.