Denominational Issues Revealed

I am not a Catholic and wasn’t raised Catholic either, but my Dad was born and raised Catholic. My mom was born Methodist and her family went to several different denominations throughout her life. I was raised and currently am Non-Denominational, but I support all Christian Denominations and an advocate for unifying the Body…not as one church but as seperate Churches that can cooperate and work together to further the Kingdom. We need to put the disagreements asside and work together. I am going to start a series of posts on this fourm thread about issues that are commonly misunderstood. I am going to give the reason that a particular denomination/church believes this way. I will do these posts every friday on this thread.:amen:

That sounds interesting. It might be better, though, to post your threads in the non-catholic religions forum.

That’s the catholic church but… :shrug:

+JMJ+

Isn’t that the Catholic Church? Catholic Rites and Churches

Christ doesn’t want His people to be divided. He wants them to be one with Him in His Catholic Church. The fullness of faith lies within the Catholic Church.

Prayer for the Unity of Christians
(Pro christianorum unitate oratio)

Almighty and eternal God,
you gather the scattered sheep
and watch over those you have gathered.
Look kindly on all who follow Jesus, your Son.
You have marked them with the seal of one baptism;
now make them one in the fullness of faith
and unite them in the bond of love.

We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

The Handbook of Indulgences, #44 (1991)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.