Denver Post: As part of a trend, black gang members videotape the assaults in trendy tourist districts, 32 arrested

As part of a trend, black gang members videotape the assaults in trendy tourist districts, 32 arrested.

denverpost.com/ci_13843272

"Racial attacks like the ones behind the arrest of 32 suspects in Denver are part of a trend spreading across the country, gang experts said Saturday.

As part of the trend, black gang members videotape the assaults in trendy tourist districts and sell them on the underground market as entertainment.

“They knock a young white guy out with one blow to see if his knees will wobble and surround them and take their money,” said the Rev. Leon Kelly, who runs a Denver gang-prevention program. “It’s a joke.”

Denver police announced the 32 arrests Friday after a months-long undercover investigation into what authorities said were racially motivated assaults and robberies in Denver, including in the Lower Downtown entertainment district."
Several months ago, Kelly said, he got a copy of a videotape recorded in West Palm Beach, Fla. Gang members surrounded a white couple at a club. One of them told the others to hold on.

“He said, ‘Let me get this camera on.’ It’s a staged thing,” Kelly said.

The gang members crave the notoriety of having their one-punch knockouts recorded on tape and sold on the black market. They’ll rewind the tapes and watch them over and over, he said.

When they watch the videos and see a big punch landed and gang members at the scene start laughing, they’ll all break out laughing, said Kelly, who heads the Open Door Youth Gang Alternatives center.

The law is the law. Black or white. You decide not to follow the law, then your skin color does not change the law.

Unless some prosecutor decides to make it a “hate crime.”

It does seem astonishing we have folks who think like this.

It’s a good thing these thugs are not Navy SEALS who punched a terrorist. Then they would be in real trouble. Just ask Eric Holder.

The disintegration of the US just seems to keep rolling along.

[quote="GratefulDad, post:6, topic:177754"]
The disintegration of the US just seems to keep rolling along.

[/quote]

This is worse than the 1960's, huh?

And the moral of the story is: never go anywhere unarmed. Never allow yourself to be surrounded, and never let them in on your six.

Who is this “them”? Gangs in Denver, or something more general?

[quote="Lujack, post:7, topic:177754"]

[/quote]

Are you thinking two wrongs make a right? Are you related to that great Christian example Mr. Jeremiah Write?

I think you badly misunderstood my point. In the 1960’s, riots were a regular summer occurrence in every major city, and yet the country did not break apart. Why is this, a series of gang assaults in Denver, worse than regular riots in major cities?

1. Got it. History shows that most of the time, the disintegration of once strong societies happens slowly, over many years/decades.

2. If you get a chance go to the Denver Post Web site, they have a whole series of articles about the story over several days and weeks. This is happening all over the country in major cities as these gangs are trading these videos underground.

Why the national media is ignoring this exclusively black on white crime, as innocent people are having their noses broken and eye sockets crushed and these gangs laugh about it while they leave their victims is beyond me.:shrug:

*:eek::frowning: Oh my gosh, this is horrific! When I read stories like this GD…I’m often struck with the question…’‘what happened in these people’s lives, childhood or otherwise…to cause them to have such reckless anger, and disregard for human life?’’ People aren’t born like this. How sad. :frowning: Prayers that these people will be stopped, and justice will be had for the victims and their families. *

[/quote]

It is. Because the morons that caused all the death and destruction back then are now using government funds to cause more damage than ever dreamed possible.

Why the national media is ignoring this exclusively black on white crime, as innocent people are having their noses broken and eye sockets crushed and these gangs laugh about it while they leave their victims is beyond me.

And selling the videos of the crime for entertainment purposes.

[/quote]

In many ways, yes. The counter culture back then was just that, counter. Now we have the cultural norm of relativism which is destroying this culture. The OP is just giving an example of the effects of such a culture.

You can thank “political correctness” once again for that one.

Isn’t that the truth :rolleyes:

Not really. In the bigger picture, it’s small potatoes compared to what has happened, and what will come in the future.

shouldn’t these crimes be classed as hate crimes?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.