Deperatly need prayer

Guys, I don’t normally do this, but I am starting to feel rally close with a lot of you, and I could really use your prayers…

I don’t know how many of you know but I have recently lost my job. I decided to fight back against the crippling loss of income and blow to my self esteem that brought by trying to go back to school. I sunk all my resources into trying to go back (including paying application fees and whatnot) and all my hopes were riding on my application.

Well, I just got the response back I have have been rejected. I am taking this extremely hard and am struggling with thoughts of ending my own life. Please pray for me.

I’m sorry. I bet you are very smart, and it really is there loss.
Before going to college I sent apps to about 8 schools, my first four responses were denials, my last four were acceptance letters. God works in mysterious ways. Hopefully you can try for another school.
If not- maybe an online school, and if you can find work may help?

I’ll be praying!

This is absolutely not an option. You have a role to play in God’s plan for this world. It may not be apparent to you today and certainly things may seem bleek. I don’t know what your situation is exactly, but believe me I have seen the bottom. My wife and I built a great life (material). We have three wonderful children. Some 2 years ago, we lost everything. We came to Colroado on the promise of a salary and so forth. It fell apart in a few months. We are struggling, but we have each other and we have God. Please believe me things can get better. If I can hang in there day after day, doing everything I can and coming home to those little faces I love so much and not get discouraged then you can hang in there with me. Call your friend, call your family, we need you to stick around. Think of the challenges and obstacles that faced the apostles and the Saints. Surely you can regroup and fight through this. I love you and I need you to stick it out with me. Go to the book of Acts start reading and don’t stop till the feeling passes.

I’m sorry you had to go through all that, it’d be an awful dissapointment :frowning: I’ll definitely be praying for you.

Loving God,

We lift up our intentions and prayers for Whitacre_Girl who is going through some very difficult and challenging times in her life. Lord, she has tried a new strategy for her life and the initial attempt to find a new path has not worked out. She finds herself very unhappy and discouraged at this time. Lord, you love each of your children, you want us to be joyful in our lives, and you often place trials and suffering in our lives to help with our formation. Please send your comforting and consoling Holy Spirit to be with Whitacre_Girl, help her through this difficult time, and grant her strong faith, courage, and hope in your divine providence. Please send your blessings to her in the person of those she meets in accordance with your plan for her life, and help her to improve her prayer life so she may be more tuned into the way forward you would bless for her life. Please remove all anxiety and feelings of depression from Whitacre_Girl, and grant her peace and fellowship as she tries to find the next steps for living out the calling you have planned for her.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, the Good Shepherd of your people.

Amen.

Amen

Please, please do not give up, He has a plan for you, of that I am sure. I can’t give much more advice than that as I, myself, am having trouble discerning what the Lord wants me to do with the rest of my life as I am now a widow, but please don’t commit suicide - you know He doesn’t want that. Trust in Him. Perhaps there is something much, much better waiting for you just around the corner.
You are in my prayers.

I don’t always use it well, but tend to have a gift for words, along with empathy, however some threads leave me with just the empathy, and I feel more like giving you hugs and sharing coffee rather than saying much. It’s really painful when someone is dealing with cold hard hurtful facts, and don’t know where to go from where they find themselves. I hope you have support from friends and or family around?

Anyway, I will pray for a new good direction for you, a new job hopefully; and that your poor crushed spirits can revive. Clearly none of us want any harm to come to you, so please take care of yourself for us. Love, Trishie

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Prayers and Intercessions

Christ, through whom his Father’s glory shines, enlightens us by his word. With love we pray to him:
– King of eternal glory, hear us.

Blessed are you – our faith comes from you and leads us to you as its fulfilment:
you have called us out of the shadows into your wonderful light.

You opened the eyes of the blind and made the deaf hear:
help us when we do not believe.

Lord, may we remain always in your love:
let us never be separated.

Make us resist temptation, and when troubles come, give us endurance:
but when things go well for us, may we remember to give you thanks.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Dear God, You call each person to be uniquely holy. Each is an expression of Your love, created to joyfully enrich, illuminate, mirror and reflect all of Your uniquely beloved children, bathed in divine radiance. Thus, Your love and goodness and glory blazes through all humanity in multi-faceted perfection and joy.

God, do not let me cheat You, or my sisters and brothers, of the brilliance of Your unique expression of Yourself in me. Do not let the shadows of complacency, or of discouragement, or of the darkness of sin, deny others the delight of who I am created to be forever.

Therefore, in joyful, humble trust I surrender to You, so that you will make me Yours in the holiness and wholeness of Your image. I entreat that through this fulfilment You will lead many others into Yourself also. Thank You, God, for creating each of us to share forever Your glorious love.

Please help me to live as You hope. loving you above all and others as myself.
Please help me because I cannot do it alone

/*

Lord hear our prayers.

*/

I’ll say a prayer for you too. Don’t despair. There may be better things on the horizon.

I am praying for you but I also want to share this with you.
befrienders.org/support/index.asp?PageURL=suicidal_feelings.php
I know how you feel. I suffer from highs and lows. But what got me through my low point in feeling was this. When I was at my low I called someone to pray over me. And it healed me but what really healed me was my will to help myself. Despite what you had hoped for didn’t come through, you have to soldier on. We all have to. What you are experiencing others have experienced before and have overcome those feelings. When your feeling this way keep busy and talk to someone who can offer support. The Spirit is telling me to share this with you, its called Footprints:
wisdom4u.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/footprints-in-the-sand.jpg
Jesus help increase her faith, trust, and strength. Bring her hope and teach her how to love herself despite the trials that this temporary earthly life brings her. Mary comfort her in hours of loneliness and despair. Amen.
Peace :v: :latin_cross:

Thank you everyone, so much. Satan is really using this situation to being me down very hard. While I am facing all of these things, I am being spiritually attacked by someone I thought I could trust. It’s making everything so much harder, and I feel like God is making me do penance for being a protestant all those years and persecuting the church. I am trying to accept the suffering with a joyful heart, but its feeling so overwhelming. Thank you again for your prayers.

Lord, source of all peace, joy and happiness, please comfort and protect Whitacre_Girl and show her your Light.

Amen

Penance is one thing, suicidal thoughts are another. If you have that you need someone local that can help you. Are you in touch with anyone from a ‘helping agency’?

Praying hard for your success, happiness and peace of mind. Please keep persevering.

no, I am not.

Praying for something good to happen to you and for your peace of mind …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Please contact your local priest. If he is not suited to your specific situation, he can tell you who is. Suicid thoughts are dangerous.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.