Deport Everyone That Signed A Petition To Withdraw Their State From The United States Of America

Has anyone else come across information on this from other sources?

minutemennews.com/2012/11/retaliatory-petitions-request-deportation-of-anyone-wanting-to-secede/

We can't afford to deport illegals, but have the money to deport the citizens? Not that i favor either, but shows you how bright the petitioner is.

Deport them to where?

Peace

Tim

[quote="Orogeny, post:3, topic:305131"]
Deport them to where?

Peace

Tim

[/quote]

Texas? :shrug:

America has room for everyone, even the odd ones. :)

[quote="Pat_Albertson, post:248, topic:304667"]
All it means is that the people who made those petitions either don't know or else don't understand the content of the 1st Amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

How are you free to petition the government for redress of grievances if you are subsequently punished for it?

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression

[/quote]

The request is unconstitutional on the face of it. It reflects poorly on its author and the people who signed it. It isn't going anywhere.

[quote="FightingFat, post:4, topic:305131"]
Texas? :shrug:

[/quote]

That's a fate I wouldn't put on my worst enemy.

Anywho... if the show was on the other foot conservatives would yelling at the top of their lungs, "Love it (America) or leave it!"

They'd also be asking the question constantly, "If these liberals don't like this country so much why don't they leave it."

And by "Leave it" they don't mean keeping their state and seceding but rather packing their bags and heading to Mexico, Canada, Europe, Africa, Asia, or Australia or somewhere.

We don't want 'em!

:D:D:D,

I get it. Everyone is angry about the election outcome for one reason or the other.

My friends, don't get too bent out of shape with this thread, it's just people blowing off some steam.

Already a thread on these "petitions" we don't need another.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.