Depressed and Having Doubts

Hi everyone. Could you all please pray for me? I am depressed right now and I am having doubts about the faith yet again. :frowning: Please pray for me.

Lord, help Holly through her dark moments to find in You and Your Church the answers she needs. May she pray regularly, practice chastity, attend Mass at least weekly and stay loving and kind to her neighbors like You are to her, so at the end of her life she may be a saint in heaven with You for all eternity. Amen.

:signofcross:

PRAYER TO INFANT JESUS

O Miraculous Infant Jesus, look upon us, as we, turn to you, imploring your assistance in our needs and anxieties. Let your compassionate heart be moved to pity by our supplications and grant us the favour which we ardently implore you. Free us from all afflictions and despair, all trials and misfortunes and give us your support and consolation so that we may praise you and the Father and the Holy Spirit now and for ever, Amen.

Ave Maria,

Gratia plena Dominus tecum ,benedicta tu
In mulieribus et benedictus fructus ventris
tui Iesus

Sancta Maria , Mater Dei Ora pro nobis
peccatoribus nunc et in hora mortis nostrae

Amen

Holly,

Just know that even in darkness and depression our LORD never stops calling us home to Mother Church. Sometimes in the greatness darkness the brightest light will shine.

Praying very hard for you!

Thanks everyone. :slight_smile:

Hi Holly, I say this with a great deal of charity. I see that at this moment you are Southern Baptist. I am going to pray that you go talk with a priest, a preacher or someone who can guide you to the right belief system for you.

:highprayer:

Praying…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Wow, why did 2 people rate this down? Way to be supportive guys… :rolleyes:

Anyway I will pray for you Holly but just try to hang in there for the time being. You’ve overcome too many similar trials in the past to let just one more do you in.

You’re welcome Holly. I pray you keep praying, going to Mass and Confession so you can have the special graces you need to live a happy life in Christ. Amen.

Thanks everyone. I did choose to be a Southern Baptist for a short period of time. Right now, I am not certain what I am so I am choosing the Christian Seeker title.

Well everyone, I just want to offer a sincere apology to you all for changing my religion so much. I wouldn’t doubt it if some of you no longer take me seriously. :frowning: That said, I have decided to remain Catholic. Thank you for your prayers.

Continuing prayers that you find it easier to carry your Cross of Doubt. And thanksgiving that you have returned again (surely that must tell you something :D).

Yes, it does tell me something that I continually return to the Christ’s Church. I have recognized this something some time ago but yet I continue to sometimes try other churches.

You can get Catholic apologetics “talks” for free as MP3 downloads at
BibleChristianSociety.com

The person giving the talks is John Martignoni, he is a Catholic apologist for Open Line and is sometimes a guest apologist for Catholic Answers.

John specializes in using the Bible to defend the Catholic Curch and its teachings.
All his talks are free as MP3 files. If you want the talks on tapes or CD he will give them to you free but you have to pay for the postage.

Perhaps learning to defend Catholicism will keep you from having anymore doubts.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

closed #19

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.