depressed

Please keep me in ur prayers. i have been feeling depresses. Please ask God to give me hope and joy

*Praying for your hope & joy, dear TrueFaithSeeker~

+
~ Magnificat ~

My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.
For He has regarded the low estate of His handmaiden,
For behold, henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
For He who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is His name.
And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation.
He has shown strength with His arm:
He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
He has put down the mighty from their thrones, and exalted those of low degree.
He has filled the hungry with good things; and the rich He has sent empty away.
He has helped His servant Israel, in remembrance of His mercy;
As He spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to His posterity forever.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Sure! Prayers are offered!

Glorious St. Dymphna, you are the patron of the nervous and emotionally disturbed. I
am certain, however, that your charity embraces everyone. I am certain that you
lend a listening ear to any prayer offered for any special need. You will, I am sure,
take my problem to heart and pray for me that it may be happily settled. (Here
mention your special problem or difficulty.) You will plead for me and obtain the
help I need. Already I offer you my sincere and grateful thanks, so great is my
confidence that God will hear and answer your prayers.
Amen.

I am a anxiety sufferer. God Bless. It does get better. :thumbsup:

Please lift this depression.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us
sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end Amen

*I pray that God guides you with love , mercy and comfort

Blessed Saint Raphael, Archangel,
We beseech thee to help us in all our needs and trials of this life,
as thou, through the power of God, didst restore sight and give guidance to young Tobit.
We humbly seek thine aid and intercession,
that our souls may be healed,
our bodies protected from all ills,
and that through divine grace we may be made fit
to dwell in the eternal Glory of God in heaven. Amen.*

For TrueFaithSeeker:

O Christ Jesus,
when all is darkness
and we feel our weakness and helplessness,
give us the sense of Your presence,
Your love, and Your strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
in Your protecting love
and strengthening power,
so that nothing may frighten or worry us,
for, living close to You,
we shall see Your hand,
Your purpose, Your will through all things.
Amen.

• By Saint Ignatius of Loyola

[quote="TrueFaithSeeker, post:1, topic:287562"]
Please keep me in ur prayers. i have been feeling depresses. Please ask God to give me hope and joy

[/quote]

I am truly sorry for your current suffering. Have you had any recent changes or events that initiated the depression? Do you have someone to talk with? As a therapist, I can tell you that treatment for depression can be very effective. Please don't suffer alone, but seeking out a school counselor, community mental health worker, or your priest for help. My heart hurts for you & I will pray for you.

[quote="TrueFaithSeeker, post:1, topic:287562"]

[/quote]

Go see your doc. There are medicines that will help you.

Father Almighty, I pray for TrueFaithSeeker. Please grant them hope and confidence in Your loving mercy and kindness. Heal them so that they may be restored to good health in mind and body. St. Dymphna, pray for them. Amen.

Remembering you in my daily prayers. God bless :console:

“God has created me to do Him some definite service. He has committed some work to me which He has not committed to another. I have my mission. I may never know it in this life, but I shall be told it in the next. I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons.
He has not created me for naught. I shall do good; I shall do His work.
I shall be an angel of peace, a preacher of truth in my own place,
while not intending it if I do but keep His commandments.
Therefore, I will trust Him, whatever I am, I can never be thrown away. If I am in sickness, my sickness may serve Him, in perplexity, my perplexity may serve Him. If I am in sorrow, my sorrow may serve Him. He does nothing in vain. He knows what He is about. He may take away my friends. He may throw me among strangers. He may make me feel desolate, make my spirits sink, hide my future from me. Still, He knows what He is about.”
― John Henry Newman

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen***

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

[quote="reconman, post:9, topic:287562"]
Go see your doc. There are medicines that will help you.

[/quote]

This is only one avenue to pursue. Empirical data demonstrate that medication alone, or therapy alone, are not nearly as effective as medication AND counseling together for depression. Medication is a bandaid if you do not work on how and why your depression has fallen upon you. Very, very rarely is depression simply organic, requiring only a medication. I will warn you, though: therapy is work. If you want to initiate true change, you have to work at it--so worth it and it can change your lfie.

In the Name of the Father, and of the Son,
and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven,
hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done,
on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

In the Name of the Father, and of the Son,
and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

**AVE MARIA, gratia plena, Dominus tecum.
Benedicta tu in mulieribus,
et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Jesus.
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae.
Amen.

**Oh, Mary conceived without sin,
pray for us who have recourse to thee.

Oh, Mary, conceived without sin,

Oh, Mary, conceived without sin,

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.