Depression and anxiety

Please ask God for his protection. I am very depressed and I feel totally isolated.

Thanks

polly, I will remember you when I pray my Rosary at Mass today; below is a prayer that I say every morning to ask our Dear Lord to give me strength.

Gentle Jesus,
Source of all healing
and compassion, be with me now when
I am most in need of your love.
Allow me to come to you and place
in your merciful hands
all of my cares and worries,
all my pain and my distress.
For I believe that only with you will I
truly find rest for my soul.

Jesus, meek and humble of heart,
make my heart like unto thine. Amen

You are now alone Polly, our dear Lord is always with you.:hug3:

Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us;
Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us;
St. Joseph our protector, pray for us.

:blessyou:

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Praying for you- I know the feeling well. Stay strong.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Dear Polly,

I am so sorry for your present state of mind. I will remember you in my prayers today. However, I am wondering what the root of your isolation is? Is it a mobility problem? We are communal creatures. We are not meant to be alone. I don't know what part of the country you reside, but I'm sure we could find a resource to help you reduce your sense of isolation.

Praying for you. I suffer from depression and anxiety too -- it's a struggle. I tend to isolate myself (I'm also shy and introverted, so it's hard to strike the right balance). I don't know if that's what you're doing, but if so, it sometimes helps to just *make *yourself go be with people even if you really, really don't want to.

Peace,
Francesca

Praying for you and I will remember you in my rosary prayers tonight as well ...

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinner now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Dear Lord, please help Pollylodges to get to daily Mass so she can receive You in the Eucharist and hear Your Word proclaimed and get the graces she needs to persevere and keep strong. Please keep her in a state of grace, as she needs this to keep healthy. Please help her to go to prayer meetings and conferences so she can deepen her relationship with You and be among people with whom she can chat and become friends. Please put good people in her life so she can be loved and cared for and know the joy of friendship in You. May she know that she has us here at CAF as friends and can send me a PM at any time for friendship and support. Maybe she could join the YMCA and start working out and meeting some new people. If she doesn’t like that, she can at least meet with a good holy priest for spiritual direction to help her on her journey to You and eternity. Her spiritual director will be a loving presence of You and will help her learn to better cope with her isolation. He will even be a friend to her and will help her become a saint. Please help Pollylodges, Lord, and always help her to reach out to others, especially when she is feeling the most isolated. Bless her with love and keep her strong in faith, hope and love. If she is losing hope, please help her to receive a strengthening of this supernatural grace in the Eucharist. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Lord today reach out to pollylodges and lift her from her aloneness with the help of another’s kindness. And please help her to reach out to another in their loneliness today, and any day that she encounters another lonely and sad person.
Thank You, Lord

Psalm 50:15 Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me

Praying hard to St. Dymphna.

Strengthen this person and send others to help in ways that they can.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.