Depression at Crisis Point

Please pray for a friend of mine and her husband, whose depression has now reached crisis point (he tried to throw himself under a car recently).

Prayers are asked for his healing and her strength.

God bless

Cecilia

Sounds like all are in need of courage during this time. Peace, g.

Prayer for Courage

Almighty God, who gives strength to the weak and upholds those who might fall, give us courage to do what is right, for those that trust in you have no need to fear.

Make us brave to face any danger which may now threaten us.

Give us the help that you have promised to those who ask it, that we may overcome our fears and go bravely forward.

Fill me with courage, that nothing which is our duty to do, may be too hard for us. Let us put our trust in your power and goodness.

Thank you my Lord.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Saint Michael the Archangel, Defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Divine Power of God, cast into hell, Satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Praying hard.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.
Amen.

Saint Michael the Archangel, Defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, O’ Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Power of God, cast into hell, Satan and all evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

We fly to your patronage,
O holy Mother of God.
Despise not our petitions
in our necessities,
but deliver us from all dangers,
O ever-glorious and blessed Virgin.

Amen.

Amen.

We fly to your patronage,
O holy Mother of God.
Despise not our petitions
in our necessities,
but deliver us from all dangers,
O ever-glorious and blessed Virgin.

mlz

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Amen.

Amen.

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular (friend of Cecilia Newman), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you.

Amen.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.