Depression

Ihave suffered with depression for most of my life. I cope with medication most of the time, but occassionally it gets the better of me. Please pray for healing from depression or a better ability to cope with it. Thank you .

I too suffer with depression although mine is taken care of with Lexapro mostly. Maybe you should talk with your Priest.

Jesus I ask Your tender care and healing for Annellen, so that she can continue to cope with her medication and with the ups and downs of life.

“This…is what I pray before the Father from whom every family, whether spiritual or natural, takes its name: Out of His infinite glory, may He give you the power through His Spirit for your hidden self to grow strong, so that Christ may live in your hearts through faith, and then, planted in love and built on love, you will with all the saints have strength to grasp the breadth and the length, the height and the depth; until, knowing the love of Christ, which is beyond all knowledge, you are filled with the utter fullness of God.”
“Glory be to Him whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine; glory be to Him from generation to generation in the Church and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever. Amen.”
[Ephesians 3: 14-21]

Commitment
God, for sake of souls, I commit myself and my entire life—past, present and future—to Your merciful love. I trust in Your love to accept this submission and make it complete.

Have mercy upon everyone whom You wish to bless through me, and do not let my limitations or doubts curtail Your use of me as vehicle of blessing or vessel of honour.

My faults are fragile barriers to the flood of Your grace, if I live Your will and have faith in Your powerful love. Deepen my trust in Your will to use Your limitless power of love even in me.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Holding you in my prayers.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Dear Lord, help Annellen cope with her depression - or even better, please heal her completely of this sadness. May she find relief from it by a grace-filled life in union with You with loving people to offer her support. If she doesn’t know enough good people for support, may she find enough support in going to Mass and spending time with You in the Blessed Sacrament at eucharistic adoration, and just being good to people and praying for them - and by reading good Catholic books. Maybe she could be a Prayer Warrior for the CA Forums. Ministry in service of others should help her. Praying for others I know will be most beneficial for her soul. May she schedule time to go on retreat and meet some new people and learn more about the spiritual life and grow closer to You in good time spent in deep prayer. She will be able to deepen her spiritual life which should help her. I pray she finds friends in these people who are on the CA Forums. We care about Annellen and will do our best to support her with prayer and any words that will edify her spirit. Lord, make us your true servants and bless Annellen with happiness. May she find happiness in bearing with her sadness and suffering in union with Your Son for the conversion of souls - for the Kingdom. All her suffering will be most valuable to You that way and won’t just be needless sadness - but the precious jewels on her crown when she gets up to heaven.:slight_smile: Amen.

Praying for you.

For you and for all that are afflicted with this

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amoungst women
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Dear Jesus I ask Your tender care and healing for Annellen, so that she can continue to cope with her medication and with the ups and downs of life.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Dear Lord, may this woman suffering from depression begin watching EWTN on her computer or television, if she isn’t already; may she stop watching anything bad on television, if she is. I know EWTN will lift her depression significantly when it is coupled with regular daily prayer. Amen.

Annellen,

I too suffer with clinical depression and had a bad bout recently which forced me to go back to my doctor because the medicine I was taking wasn’t working as well, so he added something and its slowly getting better. I can surely empathize with what you go through. Its absolutely no fun. I am learning, and I stress I am learning, to do as so many of the saints advise us - when the bad bouts come, in addition to getting the necessary medical attention, in addition to prayer, worship, devotion, etc, is this business of offering up my suffering to God to be joined to the suffering of Christ. Whether God chooses to use it for some redemptive purpose for yourself or for another who knows you and your struggles and who marvels at your faith in the midst of your suffering (who then is inspired to faith or to greater faith) God can and does make use of that. And recall Paul’s praying for his proverbial thorn to be removed - how God responded no, for my power is made perfect in weakness - so Paul concluded that when I am weak, it is then that I am strong. Though suffering from depression is no picnic, and God isn’t causing that for you, but rather he wills to use this time to draw you closer to himself, to depend upon him more deeply. From that perspective the glass is half full or more instead of half empty. This is something to give thanks to God for. Thus when you pray, as Paul advised, always begin with thanksgiving, and though it will feel strange, give thanks that God is even nearer to you in your moments of deeper depression.

God our Father, our sister in Christ Annellen is suffering mightily from depression in this moment. It is so debilitating taking away all of one’s ambition while at the same time making one feel guilty for not doing normal activities, especially those of a caring nature for family or self. In your infinite mercy, remind Annellen constantly of her holy identity and precious value in you that has nothing to do with how she feels right now. Let her be relieved of her burden of guilt and shame that often goes with suffering from depression and remind her constantly that you do not expect things from us when we are not able to do them. Help those closest to her to be understanding and caring in her time of need. And grant her the grace to remain focused on the suffering of our crucified and risen Lord, so that she knows she is not alone, and that indeed Easter Sunday follows Good Friday for all who love you. Please grant this through Christ our Lord, our healer and redeemer. Amen.

All Angels and Saints please pray fervently for Annellen in her time of need in accordance with the pettitions on this thread so that God is glorified among us.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our tresspasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen.

Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee;
Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and in the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

I too am suffering from depression and my doctor has prescribed me antidepressants. I will hold you in my prayers and thoughts.

Thy Kingdom come.
Amen.

Amen.

Thy Kingdom come.
Amen.

Amen.

Thy Kingdom come.
Amen.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.