Desire for Priesthood?

Dear Forum!!

I have a very strong desire for Holy Priesthood. I have dialogued with a vocations director and i will be having a new confessor and spiritual director. My vocations director at Sacred Heart Major Seminary, also feels confident that i am called to Priesthood. Now, is is alright for me to have a desire for Priesthood? this strong? i have prayed that the LORDS WILL be done and i still feel the desire? Perhaps im not called if i have this strong of a desire? I dont want to be a Priest for my own interests? what purpose would that serve? i wouldnt be able to absolve myself, bless myself and saying HOLY MASS for myself wouldnt be alright, I want to serve and marry CHRIST and HIS Church. I’ve had this call for a long time, since i was like 5, altar server since i was 6, i love my Faith etc.

Im scared of going to seminary now, because i want to be a Priest, but im scared “well what if im not called”, my desire is so strong I want to go to become a Priest!

I dont feel cut out for anything else. I have an intellect, im healthy, and i dont want to spend my life as a mechanic, lawyer, engineer, or even married life. I know its beautiful and without the gift of Holy Matrimony, i wouldnt be here to ask these questions :D, but even still, i cant see myself, and i dont feel a pull to be a dad and have a wife, own a house, etc. I do see myself celebrating MASS, hearing Confessions, Helping the less fortunate, anointing the Dying etc.

PLEASE HELP!!

I know its a lot of questions but i need your help!!

[quote="mymamamary, post:1, topic:290889"]
Dear Forum!!

I have a very strong desire for Holy Priesthood. I have dialogued with a vocations director and i will be having a new confessor and spiritual director. My vocations director at Sacred Heart Major Seminary, also feels confident that i am called to Priesthood. Now, is is alright for me to have a desire for Priesthood? this strong? i have prayed that the LORDS WILL be done and i still feel the desire? Perhaps im not called if i have this strong of a desire? I dont want to be a Priest for my own interests? what purpose would that serve? i wouldnt be able to absolve myself, bless myself and saying HOLY MASS for myself wouldnt be alright, I want to serve and marry CHRIST and HIS Church. I've had this call for a long time, since i was like 5, altar server since i was 6, i love my Faith etc.

Im scared of going to seminary now, because i want to be a Priest, but im scared "well what if im not called", my desire is so strong I want to go to become a Priest!

I dont feel cut out for anything else. I have an intellect, im healthy, and i dont want to spend my life as a mechanic, lawyer, engineer, or even married life. I know its beautiful and without the gift of Holy Matrimony, i wouldnt be here to ask these questions :D, but even still, i cant see myself, and i dont feel a pull to be a dad and have a wife, own a house, etc. I do see myself celebrating MASS, hearing Confessions, Helping the less fortunate, anointing the Dying etc.

PLEASE HELP!!

[/quote]

It sounds like you've given the matter a lot of thought, but I think you have a vocation. I mean, there are many people who say that "the desire is not enough," but I think you something more than a desire here.

Rest assured that you will not become a priest if you do not have that vocation.

Pray that the Lord prepares your heart for whatever it is He wants you to do and then listen. Your answer will be there.

You are in my prayers!

catholic.org/clife/prayers/prayer.php?p=1581

ewtn.com/devotionals/novena/vianney.htm

O Mary Queen of the Clergy.Pray for Us And Obtain for us many Priests.Amen.

I’ve felt the calling toward priesthood myself for many years, and I’m still praying and meditating on it. Let us pray together that our lives may advance the Kingdom according to God’s will.

[quote="mymamamary, post:1, topic:290889"]
Dear Forum!!

I have a very strong desire for Holy Priesthood. I have dialogued with a vocations director and i will be having a new confessor and spiritual director. My vocations director at Sacred Heart Major Seminary, also feels confident that i am called to Priesthood. Now, is is alright for me to have a desire for Priesthood? this strong? i have prayed that the LORDS WILL be done and i still feel the desire? Perhaps im not called if i have this strong of a desire? I dont want to be a Priest for my own interests? what purpose would that serve? i wouldnt be able to absolve myself, bless myself and saying HOLY MASS for myself wouldnt be alright, I want to serve and marry CHRIST and HIS Church. I've had this call for a long time, since i was like 5, altar server since i was 6, i love my Faith etc.

Im scared of going to seminary now, because i want to be a Priest, but im scared "well what if im not called", my desire is so strong I want to go to become a Priest!

PLEASE HELP!!

[/quote]

Just relax! You are doing everything necessary to discern your vocation. Talk to your spiritual director. Spend time in prayer. Not, "God, please let me be a priest," but, "God, show me your will for me." I know it would be hard to let go like that but God will guide you forward whatever your vocation is. Just don't worry for now!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.