Desperate family problems

I fear that my soul is damaged through the abusive relationship that existed between me and my husband. The Lord is working a miracle of transformation in me. But I don’t know what kind of help there is for a damaged soul. I fear it means that no matter what He does I am still in mortal peril. My son has suffered horribly in our marriage. My husband was an alcoholic with severe psoriasis and severe sleep apnea and a hysterical personality. I have been in treatment for emotional problems all my life and am working on forgiving my mother for her “Munchausen by proxy,” which means she sought unnecessary medical attention for me in order to get attention for her own problems. As a result, I spent a large part of my adult life on psychiatric wards seeking the perfect cure instead of learning to follow Jesus. Thank God, I am over that. I have a counselor now who also happens to be a Catholic.

For the last two years, since receiving an inheritance, my husband has gone wild. He has addressed his physical issues, including his need for a sexual partner, as I am no longer able to have sex. My son is desperate. I have filed for divorce–my husband is avoiding service of the divorce papers and involving my son in that (I live separately now.)

I pray that my husband learns forgiveness, as my mother’s inteference in our marriage from the beginning led to the destruction of both of us. I don’t think there is any hope for our marriage. Please pray for my son. He has suffered in this situation all his life, and it is most of all having to stand by and watch as he suffered that damaged me so badly, also the physical damage from the sexuality because my husband and I never got to know each other right and I was already fragile.

Thank you for your prayers.

Lord, please heal lynnehelen, her husband and her son. Please heal lynnehelen’s marriage and help lynnehelen and her husband to center their lives on you. Help lynnehelen to find a good, holy priest for spiritual direction, and help her to pray a lot. May she find great strength and healing through prayer and receiving you in the sacraments. May she offer up her sufferings co-redemptively and gain great merit this way. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

I will pray for your family! COUNT ON IT!!!

Dan

My prayers are with you and your son. God Bless.

praying 4 u…

I too will pray for you. All things are possible for Christ. Ask Saint Padre Pio to guide you and your husband and son. Do a novena to him and he will help you grow in faith. Also ask Saint Rita as she had an abusive husband that she brought to conversion. Pray Pray Pray. Never give up!

I will include this intention in my next Rosary

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Dear Father, Please aid Lynnehelen in her time of need. I pray that you give her strength, and that she keeps strong faith.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen

:crossrc: Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with thee;
blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now
and at the hour of our death. Amen. :crossrc:

Lord we know from various posts that these issues are deep and complicated.
However to God 'nothing is impossible".
We call on You for healing for this family, for each of the members of this family.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.***

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.