DESPERATE for prayers

I am desperate for prayers. I do not yet want to open up to my family so I am begging anyone who reads this to please pray for me and my husband. We have been married less than two years and I am three months along with our first baby. I feel like my life is falling to pieces. My husband has been unemployed for 6 months. He has his masters but his field is very short on jobs. I have been the main breadwinner throughout all our marriage so far. 8 weeks ago, I quit my job which I was very unhappy with, with plans on pursuing another that was much better suited to me. However 3 days after I stopped working I began getting terrible morning sickness and found out I was pregnant. My morning sickness has been severe and anti-nausea medications do not work for me. I have also developed nerve pain in my leg that makes it difficult for me to walk. I have been unable to get another job.
We have 1 & 1/2 months left before we run out of savings. I am on the government pregnancy insurance thank God. Yesterday we signed up for food stamps. We are not eligible for any other government assistance.
All of this I could handle, if we had a loving supportive marriage. But the stress has made my husband distant and angry. The last several months I have struggled through several bouts with depression. I feel as if there is no joy in life and in my marriage. Marriage with my husband has been so much harder than I ever imagined. I find myself wishing we had never married. I feel hopeless and numb. I know things could be so much worse, and I know others have had to bear much bigger crosses. I beat myself up for being so weak, especially for our unborn baby. I feel so selfish and useless for not being stronger.
Please pray for us. It is so hard to be hopeful.

I will most definitely pray for you. By the way, I always admire the courage of those who come here to ask for prayers. Not easy.

Joining you in prayer …

Prayers offered.

Praying for you, your husband and your baby. Hang in there - be loving, supportive, hopeful, encouraging, and prayerful. This is a humbling time and you need the Lord. Your husband who draws all of his self-esteem from work is fearful of losing everything. These are the times that test a relationship, but also strengthen it like no other. Seek guidance from those who you can trust implicitly - do not demonstrate a lack of faith in him to family or close friends of his (your instincts are correct - you are a smart woman). He needs you - you need each other. Hang on tight - two is better than one. And don’t forget - making love doesn’t cost anything!

Prayers sent for all three of you!

Can you talk to a priest or deacon at your church to try to get help with your feelings or relationship?

You’ll be in my prayers. Let your husband know your love and respect for him. Build him up, and then lean on him. God bless you all.

You’re all in my prayers+

Prayers for you!!! Is there any way you can contact your local Catholic Charities and see if there is any Catholic marriage counselor that can help you? They might be able to help you in other ways as well. Prayers going your way, I am going through morning sickness (I can eat etc, not as severe as you) but I know it can be tough. God loves you, ask Him to help you. He is allowing these things to happen, He trusts in you, you can ask Him to help you carry these crosses.

Sweetie,
I will be praying for you. Take care of your health and try not to get too stressed.

I am begging anyone who reads this to please pray for me and my husband

You are in my prayer and your family.

Please don’t despair, talk to God the same ways as you posted and ask him to bring you peace now.

You are loved beyond word

Blessings and love!

I will pray for you. Dont worry, trust in the Lord.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for your prayers. My husband and I have had several heart to heart conversations in the last few days, and I contribute this to your prayers and the grace of God. Like me, he has been struggling with depression. I didn’t see this, I only saw his anger and coldness.
We have a long road ahead of us, so if you could continue to pray for us, especially during this lent, it would be such a blessing. I am going to try and get counseling through Catholic Charities. I have begun saying the St. Michael the Archangel prayer alot, for his help in our marriage.
Thank you all too for your prayers for our baby. We both want very much to raise our children in a loving healthy environment, since we both grew up in families with a lot of marital problems and know so well the effect that has on children.
God Bless and I will pray for you all too.

I will be thinking of the three of you while I pray the rosary tonight.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.